Road rides on the Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutty

Reaction score
Other than the lost dog rally, is anyone up for a local road ride? I'm not volunteering to lead it, that would be disastrous!:p But if there's a few folk with some knowledge of the Hampshire roads, maybe we could cobble a ride together? I was thinking a trip to Sammy Millers, in the New Forest, unless anyone has any other ideas.:nenau

Well done Sir, this is the ethos of the event :thumb2

Hograost 2014 is looking good, double checked all involved just make sure you get one of the 200 or so Chocolate danish being made.

mmmmmmm I had one the other day, lovely
A934CF2F-24C7-4E03-ACEE-6E0447D6711E_zps898lhc7a.jpg

As for the Saturday road ride, I may well tag along :)
YES I'M ALL PAID UP!

I'm up for a blast out on Saturday, especially for a chocolate Danish or two, plus a cappu :D

Jolly good.:clap Right, anyone else interested, that knows some decent roads, and are happy to lead the ride?

See post no 2 you are leading, Steve said so and as it's his gig and he's the boss you've got the job, make it a good 'un ;)

See post no 2 you are leading, Steve said so and as it's his gig and he's the boss you've got the job, make it a good 'un ;)

I'm happy enough to lead, but it would probably be more enjoyable if someone with some knowledge of the smaller roads did the job.:rob:thumb

I'm happy enough to lead, but it would probably be more enjoyable if someone with some knowledge of the smaller roads did the job.:rob:thumb

hmmmmmmm I can see you lot leading me up bridleways and suchlike on my Fireblade............

hmmmmmmm I can see you lot leading me up bridleways and suchlike on my Fireblade............

You may scoff, but there was a guy out with us this weekend on a Blade, we were riding small roads with grass in the middle and some offroad trails that were gravelled and he did fine

My knowledge of that area is probably the same as yours, Keith, so I'm open to suggestions from others. If we can get some ideas of who wants to go, and where people want to go, we can then decide who's going to lead, depending on road knowledge.

Sammy Millers was an initial thought, but it's not that far away, so with me in front, we could end up going round and round in circles, then ending back at the campsite by 2pm.:p

I'd rather let someone local, that knows all the decent back roads, lead the ride, but it looks like you lot are expecting me to lead.:eek::blast:D

I'd rather let someone local, that knows all the decent back roads, lead the ride, but it looks like you lot are expecting me to lead.:eek::blast:D

No backing out now:blast

Road map and O/S map, pencil and paper and just feckin' do it

SatNav and Basecamp lessons from Trixie will help:D

No backing out now:blast

Road map and O/S map, pencil and paper and just feckin' do it

SatNav and Basecamp lessons from Trixie will help:D

I don't have a problem leading a ride out, JB.:thumb But if I do, maybe some more familiar roads would be the better idea.:rob

If people want to go to the New Forest, then we need someone that knows the roads, if no one is fussed where we go, I'll sort a ride on some roads that I know.:thumb

So, on that note, who's in?

I'm def in Rich; and also agree with you....my local knowledge down in Hants is poor, but more than happy to go with the flow......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom