Fallen out of love with BMW!

stevewilliams99

Reaction score
My 2007 GS suffered the common ABS failure and that oh so annoying red light. The main dealers were no help, despite the bike being four years old and the problem being what I would call a Product Failure worthy of a recall. Luckily I found an independent dealer in Devon to solve the problem. In brief the unit CAN be repaired by a skilled technician for about a third of the price of a new unit and the modifications mean it SHOULD last longer. I went for the option of just disconnecting the warning light as I use the ABS so rarely its possible it would fail again. Another option is removal of the sensors, servo etc if you are happy paying a little more to know your bike is completely "ABS free". Great service, highly recommended. Now back in love with the GS!

How come it has taken you 3 years for you to share this with us?

My 2007 GS suffered the common ABS failure and that oh so annoying red light. The main dealers were no help, despite the bike being four years old and the problem being what I would call a Product Failure worthy of a recall. Luckily I found an independent dealer in Devon to solve the problem. In brief the unit CAN be repaired by a skilled technician for about a third of the price of a new unit and the modifications mean it SHOULD last longer. I went for the option of just disconnecting the warning light as I use the ABS so rarely its possible it would fail again. Another option is removal of the sensors, servo etc if you are happy paying a little more to know your bike is completely "ABS free". Great service, highly recommended. Now back in love with the GS!

Crackin' first post there Steve :thumb

Welcome to UKGSer ...

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom