New project Honda CL360K1 1974

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought my next project,always fancied a CL,so bit the bullet .i'm picking it up Saturday.The bike in the photo isn't the one I've bought but is identical.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 415
Nice bike, wasn't it one of those that Rooney Mara rode in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" ?

Fester

CL360

Picked up my bike yesterday,can't believe the condition for a 40yr old bike,it came from Denver apparently,i assume the weather there is kind to bikes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 301
Nice. :thumb2

FFS don't put the wrong grade of oil in it, or the camshaft goes and with it, the head - I'm assuming it's basically the same design as the 250G5, in which the camshaft rotates directly in the head, without separate bearings.
As I recall, if the oil's too thick, it doesn't get into the cam bearing surfaces quickly enough and you can guess the rest... :blast

Very first thing is check the centrifugal oil filter on the rhs of the crank, it blocks and starves the cam and head of oil. Secondly check the camchain tensioner as it will allow the chain to slip off the guides if loose and eat its way out of the cam chain tunnel.From my mates cj360 and my brothers cb250 g5
Use decent oil and do changes every 1000 miles max.
Spend a bit off time on the tls front brake, make sure the pivots are free and set up the shoes, if done right the brake is better than the g5, 400/4 swinging caliper design from my cb250 k4

Oil

Very first thing is check the centrifugal oil filter on the rhs of the crank, it blocks and starves the cam and head of oil. Secondly check the camchain tensioner as it will allow the chain to slip off the guides if loose and eat its way out of the cam chain tunnel.From my mates cj360 and my brothers cb250 g5
Use decent oil and do changes every 1000 miles max.
Spend a bit off time on the tls front brake, make sure the pivots are free and set up the shoes, if done right the brake is better than the g5, 400/4 swinging caliper design from my cb250 k4

There's no battery on it,so I have no intention of starting it until I have put fresh oil in it,cleaned the filter etc,and will also check the cam chain tensioner.I have this morning ordered gaskets etc from Dave Silver .The oil I have been reccomended is 10/40 mineral oil,so I will probably use that.

CL360 tyres

I am looking to buy a set of tyres for my CL,something that will fit the street scrambler look of the bike,a sort of semi knobbly tyre,any suggestions:nenau

Back
Top Bottom