Anyone want to go to Africa in mid-2015

English Bob

Reaction score
I'm looking at going for a ride around Southern Africa in 2015 and have had discussions with several commercial companies there about their trips. Whilst most of them offer 14 day tips I'm looking to to take up to a month from the office and do a 24 day (give or take) trip, with perhaps a day or 2 either side to sample some of South Africa's famous wines. Anyone interested in going for up to a month?

I have had conversations with Charles of Africa4Adventure (not promoting his company here!) and I'm a little hesitant to book because if there aren't any (or many) takers for his 24 day tour of Cape Town / Namibia & Botswana Delta possibly in July/August 2015, I would have to pay a substantial amount for a one-to-one trip - which would be way outside my price bracket.

As more people sign up the price drops significantly. Therefore, I have 3 questions

1. Has anyone been with Charles on one of his Southern Africa tours before, and how do you rate the experience?
2. Anyone interested in joining such a trip?
3. Anyone got any advice or recommendations for an alternate longish tour (at least 3 weeks) of Southern Africa?

Many thanks

Bob

Hi Bob, (sorry BHT:green gri) have you had a look on the local South African 'wilddog adventure forum' this far out i.e.- 12 months, you have a lot of time to have a better insight / advice from the locals in SA who may make the experience more enjoyable, plus you will be overwhelmed with folks offering accommodation/ food/ beers, local knowledge and much more.:eek:

(Setting Namibia, Zimbabwe & Mozambique aside)

Lived in SA for 10 years and it's got the most amazing roads/tracks/scenery ive experienced..just finding the best closest to your needs requires local input , not a commercial guide.

Hi flatdog

Many thanks for the information - I'll go pay a visit to the aforementioned forum and see what turns up! I had wanted to go earlier (perhaps end Jan 15 into Feb 15) but I understand that if I wanted to visit Namibia (highly recommended to me) then perhaps that wasn't the right time to go - too hot in the afternoons and often thunderstorms in tag afternoon, making off-road trekking more difficult. Although SA would be great at that time. Perhaps I'm trying to pack too much into a short (approx a month) trip. However, I do like the sound of, "...overwhelmed with :beerjug:... and much more.:eek:"

Hi Bob, (sorry BHT:green gri) have you had a look on the local South African 'wilddog adventure forum' this far out i.e.- 12 months, you have a lot of time to have a better insight / advice from the locals in SA who may make the experience more enjoyable, plus you will be overwhelmed with folks offering accommodation/ food/ beers, local knowledge and much more.:eek:

(Setting Namibia, Zimbabwe & Mozambique aside)

Lived in SA for 10 years and it's got the most amazing roads/tracks/scenery ive experienced..just finding the best closest to your needs requires local input , not a commercial guide.

Regards

Bob

Back
Top Bottom