Holiday for me and 12 year son

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi looking for recmondations for a camping holiday by motorcycle for me and son in early August. We have camped before as a family but daughters are doing their own thing and at 15 and 17 who am I to stop them. I would like somewhere in Wales with plenty to do with a shop and entertainment. Haven in South Wales would suit but they want £460 which I feel is far too much. In fairness to them that covers up to 6 people but I would like something a good bit less. Any ideas? JJH

This should be in the Wales section, JJH, as it's not a ride report.:rob

Have you thought about using a bunkhouse? I highly recommend Jesse James. Indoors, private BBQ area, off street parking. V close to snowden and the othe r attractions. Cheap too and almost a right of passage. Guaranteed to meet great folk. A real treasure troive of a place. Costs about a sevener a night. Really cool old geezer, loads of privacy and mountaineering heritage. pm me if you need a number

Thanks but he likes all the palaver of camping I'm going to check it out though. JJH
Thanks for moving the post but I was hoping to have an adventure!!!!! JJH

You do get the internet in Co Meath, right?

There's a shed load more information on there - just a thought. :thumb

Well as a matter of fact the only internet I have here where I live is a mobile sim based dongle which gives a very limited patchy coverage and depending on the weather sometimes none at all. There is no broadband in this area. Yes I can use the limited expensive coverage that I endure to check out info BUT as a member of this wonderful forum I was hoping some kind people like Adventuredon would be kind enough to share their experiences and advice with me. But thank you for your kind but unnessarsy observations and I will later on tonight when contention (which slows down the internet even more when too many people are trying to use a marginal overworked outdated system) is not such an issue. Again thank you. JJH

Just a suggestion, but how about taking him to the Manx Classic TT mid august? If he's into bikes he'll love it and theres plenty to do on the island ( for a week anyway) and some good camp sites. I've taken my son there a few times. Also taken him to Flanders and Normandy to do all the WW1 and WW2 stuff, but guessing that might be a bit of a trek from Ireland for him. Mines 15 now but been doing bike camping trips with him since he was 12 and we both love them - memories that will stay with you both forever :)

Just had a look at IOM classic TT just a bit on the expensive side for a week JJH

Yes I was looking a bit more. The prices I was getting were crazy £350 per person for 4 nights as a package. Thank you for your continued help. JJH

Just a suggestion, but how about taking him to the Manx Classic TT mid august? If he's into bikes he'll love it and theres plenty to do on the island ( for a week anyway) and some good camp sites. I've taken my son there a few times. Also taken him to Flanders and Normandy to do all the WW1 and WW2 stuff, but guessing that might be a bit of a trek from Ireland for him. Mines 15 now but been doing bike camping trips with him since he was 12 and we both love them - memories that will stay with you both forever :)

+1...try and keep your ferry trip to 5 days and see if it`s cheaper and free camping at Sulby Claddaghs!

Mods can you move this as it looks like I'll be going to the IOM!!! And thanks for the suggestions this site rocks. JJH

Ferry booked hallway blocked with tents sleeping bags unfolded fold up chairs and other stuff. 6 weeks to go. JJH

Back
Top Bottom