Sargent seat height

D9lek

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have a low sargent seat on either a GS or GSA in Mansfield notts area I can have a sit on.... Not sure which one to get I'm 6.1 with a 33" inside leg so in thinking the low will be too low?

Cheers
Dale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not close but have a standard sargent on a standard GS 09 and I'm same hight/leg as you and no problems. The seats do gave adjustment as well mine is on the highest setting. hope that helps

8ypazymu.jpg

What measurement do I need to take to make sure this is a standard height not low?

Cheers
Dale

On the OEM low seat there is no adjustment Perhaps if your seat has adjustment it will be a standard?

On the OEM low seat there is no adjustment Perhaps if your seat has adjustment it will be a standard?

On the Sargent LOW seat there is adjustment.

Dale,
I've just tried comparing my low seat to the picture you posted, it's hard to say if mine is different, mine may be scooped out more, but difficult to be sure.

Bob

Yeah.... That's another one forsale but he's unsure if it's low or standard. Must be a measurement I can get him to take. Tried part number on the bottom but looks like all world sports have the same number whether normal or low

Have both seats on our bikes. The lowered one has no front bar but 2 small bars. When fitted to the bike it is lower in relation to the pillion seat. I am 6ft 1 with 33ins leg
Sue is slightly shorter 5. 7 but has no issues with the seat re foot down or to wide. Both seats have adjustment for front and rear hight by repositioning the bars.
Hope the pictures help. White bike has standard seat and silver the lowered on.have highlighted the difference in pillion hight on lowered on as well. :thumb2

Attachments

• Lowered bar sargent.jpg
    Lowered bar sargent.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Standard sargent.jpg
    Standard sargent.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Lowered sargent 2.jpg
    Lowered sargent 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 186
  • Lowered sargent.jpg
    Lowered sargent.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 187
gugapy7y.jpg

Thanks ted much appreciated. So you think this is a standard seat???

Have both seats on our bikes. The lowered one has no front bar but 2 small bars.

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but my Low seat has a full front bar, not two small bars.

Would say so. It has the full mounting bar across the front. You adjust the hight by moving the bar into 2 other slots, there are 2 pairs of slots at either end. The lowered one has 2 stumpy rods rather than a bar so it can sit lower without it fouling on the fram or battery.

Trebor! Lol.... Just when I thought I was getting somewhere hahaha!

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but my Low seat has a full front bar, not two small bars.

As did mine. I think the two short bars is usually a mod that someone's done to allow a bit more space for equipment such as Autocom or the like. However from the pic in post no. 3 above, I'd say that's a standard height Sargent seat.

Opps just seen this. Our seats are about 4 years old so maybe newer ones have full bar.
Possibly, I bought mine new in September 2010, it could be that they modified it just before I bought it.

I saw once that you can tell the low and standard seats from Sargent apart by measuring the distance from the back edge (closest pillion seat) to the joint in the material, I have the low seat it has a full bar at the front. 31" inside leg but a bit chunky and I can't flat foot both feet but never have, dead easy one side or the other but not both. I will have a look to see where I saw the bit about measuring the seat backs

Found it 3.5" from back to seam standard seat 4.5" from back to seam low seat.

Also I was talking about the ride height on my GSA, I ride solo if I have ESA set on two up or rider and luggage I struggle, just a bit even with the low seat

Dale if for some reason you want to try an oem low seat give me a shout I'm not far away

Back
Top Bottom