A day out in East Anglia?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Word up Comrades.

I'm heading down to Acton from Lincoln tomorrow to visit the Adventure Bike Shop.
I'll probably skirt Kings Lynn and Thetford on the way down and go via Ely on the way back..

Anything worth seeing, any decent cafes en route?

When you get there ask Cliff to send you to Wallys on the industrial estate, great for brekkie or lunch! Cheers John B

Cheers, will do.
I've just been informed that we may be going via Mildenhall/Lakenheath.

More likely you will be going past USAF Lakenheath, stop and have a look if they are flying, viewing area by the traffic lights on the Brandon to Barton Mills road. Turn right at the lights then immediately left. Was a food stall there last year, might still be.

Also got Walkers cafe and toilets a few miles further on on the left just before the roundabout. Big parking place probably few coaches and trucks in there but no problem.

Thanx again. We had a cracking day, helped in no small part by the perfect weather.

I was very surprised at just how scenic the area is, we chanced upon Bury St Edmunds and dropped in for a coffee. What a little jewel that looks to be, it'son my to do list in the future.

The crowning glory was, however, the Adventure Bike Shop. TBH it was just somewhere to head, I don't want anything but thought I might as well have a target to aim for. Big mistake, I came out 'needing' stuff I didn't even know existed.

And what lovely people too. The wee girl in there was extremely helpful, if somewhat abusive, goaded on by my so called mate. A brew as soon as we arrived and the offer of biscuits as well. The dog didn't want to talk to us, she'd obviously had a hard day as she was spark out and the old codger who owns the place was outside farkling up some bloke's LC GS.

But I will be back, just as soon as I've cleared some space on my credit card.

Thanx again. We had a cracking day, helped in no small part by the perfect weather.

I was very surprised at just how scenic the area is, we chanced upon Bury St Edmunds and dropped in for a coffee. What a little jewel that looks to be, it'son my to do list in the future.

I travel extensively throught East Anglia, I avoid all the main trunk roads, in fact wherever I can in UK I avoid them, may take longer, but usually not by much really, so much more to see and gems to enjoy.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom