Zumo 590 and canbus

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm just about to wire a Zumo 590 to an F800GT. I've got Nippy's canbus adaptor, and I've found the canbus plug on the bike. Problem is, I've got 3 identical yellow wires coming out of the canbus plug, and a red and black power and earth on the Zumo mount. Does it matter which of the 3 yellow wires I wire the power cables into?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The 3 yellow wires should be numbered, 1-2-3.
1 is the earth, 2 dont use, 3 is ignition switch

Just fitted a 590 to a mate's bike using canbus switched socket. I've noticed on my own and one other tc r1200 gs/rt that the canbus switch off leaves a residual 1.5 volts across the + - supply. This is not a problem with a 550 zumo but the 590 seems to see this as a continuation of the supply and doesn't give the 'do your want to continue on battery power?' message. The 590 continues to operate on this low voltage. Berin, have you notice this? Anyone else with a 590 experience this?
Alan R

Just fitted a 590 to a mate's bike using canbus switched socket. I've noticed on my own and one other tc r1200 gs/rt that the canbus switch off leaves a residual 1.5 volts across the + - supply. This is not a problem with a 550 zumo but the 590 seems to see this as a continuation of the supply and doesn't give the 'do your want to continue on battery power?' message. The 590 continues to operate on this low voltage. Berin, have you notice this? Anyone else with a 590 experience this?
Alan R

Mrs Berin did see that on the Canbus installation on her F800GT, but apparently fixed it by changing a timeout somewhere. I don't see it on my KTM 1190 Adventure, wired through the ignition. I'll check on Mrs Berin's tonight when she's back from work

I'm reopening my own thread, to see if anyone came up with a resolution for the problem Alan R described. Apparently I did fix but I've forgotten how. With a Zumo wired to canbus on the f800GT on ignition off the Zumo asks "do you want to continue without power etc etc.".

Mrs Berin has just acquired a 16 F800GS, I wired in the Zumo mount to the canbus exactly the same as the GT and the 590 seems to stay live after the ignition is off.

Can anyone remember what I did?

How long does it stay live, after the ignition is turned off? they can stay live for up to a minute or more before switching off fully.

Me? I'd start by looking at the power / battery settings on the device and then I'd be checking and cleaning all the connections on the cradle / power supply.

It's the timeout on the Canbus - cradle stays live for about 60 seconds before the canbus switches off.

I've read through this thread as I'm about to change the supply to my 590LM from fused/battery to CanBus for the auto off function. Will I be able to use the USB charger from the 590 without tripping the CanBus?

Back
Top Bottom