Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not much interest in this weekend

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray

not much interest in this weekend

hi all,200+ views and no one has signed up yet.
    i will need to start thinking about booking the portaloos and speaking to tom regarding food.
    can you give me some feedback.
    is it too expensive?
    too early in the year for commitment?
    does the date clash with something i dont know about?
    let me know your thoughts.
    mike

I was actually thinking about this last week, TBH if no one can even be bothered to give you feed back i would cancel it and save your self the hassle

Im sure we will find other things to ocupy you in the winter months, i just need my wife to exept the reality that is me getting a winter green lane bike

back from the abyss Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Mike
    I have some ideas/contacts Can I have a ride over at some point and chat to you for half an hour before you bin it?
    Regards bisbee

Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength.

Quote Originally Posted by bisbee View Post
    Mike
    I have some ideas/contacts Can I have a ride over at some point and chat to you for half an hour before you bin it?
    my workshop door is always open,the kettle always on
    apart from next week i am away
    back friday the 18th
    give me a call to make sure i will be about .
    mike 07786 340692

back from the abyss Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Ok cool
    I'll send a few pms then !
    Regards bisbee

Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength.

Quote Originally Posted by bisbee View Post
    Mike
    i dont really want to cancel the event bisbee,but lets face it ,it dos'nt look very encouraging.
    there is no way i am going to start organising toilets,menu's and camping based on the response the event has has so far.
    to be honest i am a bit disapointed as the january event was really good fun,.
    i am away on holiday next week,
    well i might be, my bloody van broke down on the way home,i was supposed to be towing the caravan to zommerset first thing in the morning
    so i will give this some thought when i have some space in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    well i might be, my bloody van broke down on the way home,i was supposed to be towing the caravan to zommerset first thing in the morning
    Oh bollocks, its ears must have been burning earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by IJGser View Post
    Oh bollocks, its ears must have been burning earlier.
    dead right,the van was in earshot,the fucker heard me saying i was going to get a newer van,blew a coolant hose on the way home.
    pisst,keep it quiet,timaloys bike is in the back.he thinks his bike is going on a container ship to to america.
    i am gonna sell his bike to fund some new wheels
    (if you are reading this bill.DOOOONT PAAANIIC.EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER)
    I am going to hire a van in the morning,but the caravan will stay put.
    couldnt really see me fitting the two of us,2 dogs a GSA and camping kit in the back of a fiat 500.
    you couldnt fucking make it up mate

I put my name down in the other thread, as did others didn't even realise another had started. Still up for it but will confirm on return from Norcap in august

Quote Originally Posted by Haggler View Post
    I put my name down in the other thread, as did others didn't even realise another had started. Still up for it but will confirm on return from Norcap in august
    its not been shot down in flames just yet.
    stick your name down on the sign up post, i wont take any payments just yet though,we'll give it a week or two .
    have a good trip ,speak soon.
    mike

A week has passed and two people have responded (on here) not looking good mate.

Quote Originally Posted by IJGser View Post
    A week has passed and two people have responded (on here) not looking good mate.
    You guys made such a good job of organising the Jan weekend it would be rude not to (subject to work commitments)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnon View Post
    You guys made such a good job of organising the Jan weekend it would be rude not to (subject to work commitments)
    This ones Mikes baby, other than leading a trail ride I have no time to donate.

TBH I think he should pull the plug but at the end of the day it's his decision to make.

Mikey, I'll be overseas on the dates for this weekend (as I was last year), hence why I'm unable to attend.

Looking @ the thread re: details, I don't think what's on offer is over priced, and it certainly appears to be a nice venue.

See you on the 9th August......
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'm interested but it's still a long way off for me to commit.
    I understand you have to make decisions, but I'd have expected a greater uptake by now.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

getting away with it so far! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I haven't booked in yet but am still planning to lead the road ride. I also have a mate who's interested in attending too.

I'll add us to the other thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast