not much interest in this weekend

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
hi all,200+ views and no one has signed up yet.
i will need to start thinking about booking the portaloos and speaking to tom regarding food.
can you give me some feedback.
is it too expensive?
too early in the year for commitment?
does the date clash with something i dont know about?
let me know your thoughts.
mike

I was actually thinking about this last week, TBH if no one can even be bothered to give you feed back i would cancel it and save your self the hassle :p

Im sure we will find other things to ocupy you in the winter months, i just need my wife to exept the reality that is me getting a winter green lane bike :D

Mike
I have some ideas/contacts Can I have a ride over at some point and chat to you for half an hour before you bin it?

Mike
I have some ideas/contacts Can I have a ride over at some point and chat to you for half an hour before you bin it?
i dont really want to cancel the event bisbee,but lets face it ,it dos'nt look very encouraging.
there is no way i am going to start organising toilets,menu's and camping based on the response the event has has so far.
to be honest i am a bit disapointed as the january event was really good fun,.
i am away on holiday next week,
well i might be, my bloody van broke down on the way home,i was supposed to be towing the caravan to zommerset first thing in the morning
so i will give this some thought when i have some space in my head.

Oh bollocks, its ears must have been burning earlier. :(
dead right,the van was in earshot,the fucker heard me saying i was going to get a newer van,blew a coolant hose on the way home.:blast
pisst,keep it quiet,timaloys bike is in the back.he thinks his bike is going on a container ship to to america.:eek:
i am gonna sell his bike to fund some new wheels:D
(if you are reading this bill.DOOOONT PAAANIIC.EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I am going to hire a van in the morning,but the caravan will stay put.
couldnt really see me fitting the two of us,2 dogs a GSA and camping kit in the back of a fiat 500.
you couldnt fucking make it up mate

I put my name down in the other thread, as did others didn't even realise another had started. Still up for it but will confirm on return from Norcap in august :beerjug:

I put my name down in the other thread, as did others didn't even realise another had started. Still up for it but will confirm on return from Norcap in august :beerjug:
its not been shot down in flames just yet.
stick your name down on the sign up post, i wont take any payments just yet though,we'll give it a week or two .
have a good trip ,speak soon.
mike

A week has passed and two people have responded (on here) not looking good mate.

You guys made such a good job of organising the Jan weekend it would be rude not to (subject to work commitments)

You guys made such a good job of organising the Jan weekend it would be rude not to (subject to work commitments)

This ones Mikes baby, other than leading a trail ride I have no time to donate.

TBH I think he should pull the plug but at the end of the day it's his decision to make.

Mikey, I'll be overseas on the dates for this weekend (as I was last year), hence why I'm unable to attend.

Looking @ the thread re: details, I don't think what's on offer is over priced, and it certainly appears to be a nice venue.

See you on the 9th August......:D

I'm interested but it's still a long way off for me to commit.
I understand you have to make decisions, but I'd have expected a greater uptake by now.

:beerjug:

I haven't booked in yet but am still planning to lead the road ride. I also have a mate who's interested in attending too.

I'll add us to the other thread.

Sorry Mike, just seen this thread.
Sorry to hear about the van, pleased you got it sorted. Just what you don't need on the eve of your trip.:blast

I'm not going to be able to make this one as I won't have a bike and even if I did I'm not sure the suggestion of attending would go down too well, given that I'll only get home from Bilco's trip the Sunday before.:eek:

I hope it comes off for you though as it's a beautiful part of the world and I know you'll make it a brilliant weekend.

I'm interested but it's still a long way off for me to commit.
I understand you have to make decisions, but I'd have expected a greater uptake by now.

:beerjug:

Sorry peeps - Can't get the time off, so I'm a definite "no".... :(

How's the numbers looking now mike ?
pretty crap:comfort
as i see it today with two weeks to go.
four have paid wishing to camp etc
a few more have shown interest.
three have paid to eat on saturday.
no one has expressed an interest in the green lane run
no one has expressed an interest in the big bike bimble
two to four are doing the road run.
i am going to see tom tommorrow at the pub.
i cannot really ask him to put on anything special based on these numbers.
so maybe its best if i just refund and we just pay tom for food and camping directly
(this will mean paying menu price for food).
any comments welcomed

Back
Top Bottom