Curvy Roads LOL!!!!!

red1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Decided to get a 390LM to replace 660 so thought I'd see what Curvy Roads did in Basecamp.

Already plotted a basic route from Harwich via Kings Lynn and Sleaford to N Lincs, so what did Curvy Roads do?

Yeah, about right for Garmin! .......... M11, A1M and A46 Tossers!! :blast

Decided to get a 390LM to replace 660 so thought I'd see what Curvy Roads did in Basecamp.

Already plotted a basic route from Harwich via Kings Lynn and Sleaford to N Lincs, so what did Curvy Roads do?

Yeah, about right for Garmin! .......... M11, A1M and A46 Tossers!! :blast

Mmmmmm that's funny ... 'Curvy Roads' on my BMW Navigator V unit (not Basecamp I might add) finds some terrific curvy back roads :p

Well done Garmin :thumb

Curvy roads is now an option in BaseCamp.

So I see - But does the general principle still apply that you need to have the same profile/avoids set in both Basecamp and on the GPS? If you don't, the GPS will still do its own thing and route according to the preferences set on that device?

Sorry if that makes less sense than it should, but I'm a long-time TomTom user trying to decide whether to jump ship to Garmin.

So I see - But does the general principle still apply that you need to have the same profile/avoids set in both Basecamp and on the GPS? If you don't, the GPS will still do its own thing and route according to the preferences set on that device?

Sorry if that makes less sense than it should, but I'm a long-time TomTom user trying to decide whether to jump ship to Garmin.

In nearly all cases like this, it's user error.

Admittedly, I've deliberately kept away from Basecamp, but if you open up the hood on Mapsource, you can make even the oldest GPS jump exactly how high you want it to.

I think you've probably nailed the reason for this example........conflicting targets set on GPS and Basecamp, resulting in routing that the user doesn't like.

That's true but you can decline when it asks if you want the device to recalculate.

I remove all the ticks bar unpaved roads in preferences on mine, works fine.

Don't. You'll only regret it.
Problem being that I am already regretting my decision to go with TomTom for on-bike navigation (for the usual reasons to do with the appalling design of the powered bike dock). As mine is now over 5 years old, I feel it may soon be due for retirement. I haven't made any decisions at all - may well just keep plodding on with the TT and keep banging my head against the same brick wall - but I'm trying to pick up useful snippets that might help make an informed decision when/if it comes to it.

Back
Top Bottom