Greece to Italy by Ferry

FBF

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Im taking ferry to Lavriou greece and wish to take another ferry to Italy as my insureres have said that I am not covered in Bosnia and Macedonia

an aqaintance suggested taking ferry from Patras to Ancona.

would like to hear from anyone who has travelled this route or similiar and get advice on routes, ferries etc.

my knowledge of the local geography is Nil and will be relying on my Twat Nav and Ipad maps

Final destination is London so suggestions of routes between Lavriou and UK are welcome

We went the other way on the Turkey Trot, sailing from Ancona to Igouminitsa.

It was jolly easy. I looked up on the internet what ferries sailed on what days, from where to where and at what times. I then booked sufficient tickets for us all; 10 of us I think.

You can do the same. Start where I did: Google 'Greece to Italy ferries'

As to your route from somewhere in Greece or Italy to London? Buy a map. Failing that extravagance, let bods know how long you have available to make the journey and (if applicable) any 'must do' stops you have to make en-route, for instance to meet your three mates in Brest, when everyone has routed you through Geneva.

We don't seem to have progressed very far from this thread.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...on-Route-Recommendation&p=3823325#post3823325

Next month these ferrys will be very, very busy, as this is the Greek holiday month.

Hi

Route is from Lavrio to Itlay to London

No must do stops or mates to meet on route.

Just want to make my way to the UK within a reasonable amount of time using twisty routes in preference to motorways.

will have my boy riding pilion so anything of interest to him on route will be a bonus. He's into aviation so anything plane related would be of interest and useful; to break up the journey.

Ive got a Nav iv and Ipad so maps may not be neccessary

We went the other way on the Turkey Trot, sailing from Ancona to Igouminitsa.

It was jolly easy. I looked up on the internet what ferries sailed on what days, from where to where and at what times. I then booked sufficient tickets for us all; 10 of us I think.

You can do the same. Start where I did: Google 'Greece to Italy ferries'

As to your route from somewhere in Greece or Italy to London? Buy a map. Failing that extravagance, let bods know how long you have available to make the journey and (if applicable) any 'must do' stops you have to make en-route, for instance to meet your three mates in Brest, when everyone has routed you through Geneva.

We don't seem to have progressed very far from this thread.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...on-Route-Recommendation&p=3823325#post3823325

Must confess that I forgot all about that posting.

I have moved on insofar that I have decided to take ferry to Lavrio, Greece instead of Salerno, Italy.

keep the suggestions coming

to recap

No time restrictions on journey

will ride as many or as few miles per day as I fancy,

prefer 4* Hotels but have no aversion to staying in B&B accomadation

Prefer twisty scenic routes to motorways

........... Ive got a Nav iv and Ipad so maps may not be neccessary

For general route planning, optional Wikipedia info and POIs such as fuel, ATMs and accommodation etc download the PocketEarth app ...... it is a serious and cheap contender to paper maps

Hi Everyone

Many thanks to everyone for your kind help and support in planing my trip back to the UK.

to sum up I left Haifa on Tuesday evening and stopped in Cyprus on wednesday for a day then continued to Lavrio arriving there on friday.

Cracked on to Patra using route created with the web based planner posted by one of you, cant remember the name of it.

took ferry form Patra to Ancona then visited Florence then continued along to Genoa using a mixture of toll roads and twisties then continued to France then Calais.

I covered 1500 miles door to door.

having sampled european roads I definitely intend on returning and doing some of the popular routes like the Route Napolean

Coukd you please expand on how you got from Israel to Cyprus and onto Greece?

Many thanks

Coukd you please expand on how you got from Israel to Cyprus and onto Greece?

Many thanks

Salamis ferry from Haifa to Lavrio, Greece with stopover in Cyprus.

Hi Everyone

Many thanks to everyone for your kind help and support in planing my trip back to the UK.

to sum up I left Haifa on Tuesday evening and stopped in Cyprus on wednesday for a day then continued to Lavrio arriving there on friday.

Cracked on to Patra using route created with the web based planner posted by one of you, cant remember the name of it.

took ferry form Patra to Ancona then visited Florence then continued along to Genoa using a mixture of toll roads and twisties then continued to France then Calais.

I covered 1500 miles door to door.

having sampled european roads I definitely intend on returning and doing some of the popular routes like the Route Napolean

This is the route planner used to create route from Lavrio to PATRA https://www.motogoloco.com/map/

Back
Top Bottom