Nav 5 and music

MIKEY B

Reaction score
Hello
Can anyone help or explain how you get music from the PC onto the Sat Nav?
Or can you stream the music from a smartphone via Bluetooth??

Any help appreciated

Music files need to be in mp3 format.

You need a micro sd card which you transfer the files onto, either directly, or while its in the nav v, via the usb lead.

Once you transfer the mp3 files onto the card, the satnav will see them and display them in your audio list.

Its simple, but i might not have explained very well!

Mmmmm got the Nav 5 .... tried that :eek:

Now I just use my in ear earplugs with sound system plugged in to my iPod in my tank bag. Remote control .... total control .... sorted :thumb

:beerjug:

It can be done, I've done it and I'm an idiot.
As above, make sure your music is in MP3 format on your PC.
Put your micro SD card into your Nav V, assuming the card is pre-formatted.
Attach the Nav V to the PC
Find the Nav V on the PC
Find the SD card in the Nav V
Create a new folder on the SD card called MP3 Music
Drag and drop your chosen tunez into the MP3 Music file
Safely disconnect your Nav V from tbe PC

Switch on your A2DP headset, connect it to the Nav V
Go to Apps on the Nav V, select Music and Bob's your uncle - I hope.

I've done this from memory but I'm pretty sure these are the steps that I followed and I'm now able to enjoy S Club 7 & Bewitched to my heart's content whilst pootling around the Lincolnshire Wolds.

Best of luck.

Find the Nav V on the PC

I've done this from memory but I'm pretty sure these are the steps that I followed and I'm now able to enjoy S Club 7 & Bewitched to my heart's content whilst pootling around the Lincolnshire Wolds.

Best of luck.

success!! many thanks!!

Not sure if you'll suffer the same problems as the earlier Zumo models but you might need to put your MP3s into folders, within the 'Music' folder, if you have lots of them. I have mine organised by album that way anyway.

Playing music from your phone though the GPS, again if it's like the 550 or 660, won't work as the connection between phone and GPS is for phone audio, not media audio, and isn't A2DP anyway.

Find the Nav V on the PC

Best of luck.

thank you.

that worked brilliantly.

tested today on a long ride.

plays songs from the NAV5 into my helmet , no issues.

but occasionally , the music drops out (ie , no more music). I have to turn off and on the headset to re-establish a connection . Strangely when the music is dropped , the nav guidance still sounds and I can still make/take calls.

ie , its just the music which is dropping out.

but occasionally , the music drops out (ie , no more music). I have to turn off and on the headset to re-establish a connection . Strangely when the music is dropped , the nav guidance still sounds and I can still make/take calls.
Apparently the latest update has a more reliable link to some Bluetooth equipment.....

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help here, I also have it running threw my system 6 helmet.
Is it possible to play music stored on the Nav V micro card threw the RTLC audio speakers
or is just for playing directly into my helmet ??

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help here, I also have it running threw my system 6 helmet.
Is it possible to play music stored on the Nav V micro card threw the RTLC audio speakers
or is just for playing directly into my helmet ??

Many thanks in advance for any help.

this is not possible because the Nav 5 is a wireless item so would need to be bluetoothed to the speakers which are not bluetooth….! the way i did it was to copy all the music files onto a small usb stick then plug that into the lead on the right hand side pocket . This will then show on your dash

Many thanks DC

Will a 64 gb card work or is it too big ?
I cannot get the nav to see the music on the card :(

Many thanks DC

I've seen this before with the Zumo 590. It will only show mp3s on the memory card if there's also at least one on the device's internal memory. Fir some reason if there's no music on the device itself it doesn't bother checking the card.

Many thanks DC

think the max card in the nav is a 32 gb . for the nav to see the music, it needs to be in a folder ….read some of the posts above , they show you how to do this its easier to do than explain !

posted by Timaloy above ….It can be done, I've done it and I'm an idiot.
Find the Nav V on the PC

Best of luck.

The maximum size of supported cards is actually 64GB

"What is the maximum size of memory card that can be used with the BMW Motorrad Navigator V?
The unit is fitted with a microSD slot for cards of up to 64GB (SDXC card). This memory can be used both for additional cards and for storing MP3s. Please ensure that SD cards are FAT32 formatted. The exFAT format is not supported."

I suspect I may be struggling because FAT32 seems to not be able to support a 64GB card I purchased, it seems I cannot format it to FAT32 ?

Did you resolve the FAT32 issue?

My Nav 5 won't see any of the micro SD (64GB) cards I've tried and thus I can't seem to access any files added to it.

Using a Mac and when I plug the Nav 5 in to it, the garmin drive and the Micro SD both appear on the desktop as separate drives.... Hoping I can actually format to FAT32, but probably have to do this on a PC - don't seem to have a FAT32 format option. Bit confused and miffed as to why Garmin still continue to make stuff that behaves so variably. I like their product, just still a bit clunky.

Hi
Nav V connects to InterphoneF5 or at least its showing as connected .... when select Media Player app on Nav v message comes up "An A2DP headset must be connected to listen to music"
where am I goin wrong ? ideas?
Ta

Back
Top Bottom