Right leg under thigh getting cooked

It will not be the fuelling. Look at what you have done to the bike - if a standard bike doesn't blow heat up yet one with a Mudsling does; ipso facto Mudsling! I would guess that the Mudsling traps heat in front of it and as the speed rises, blows the heat up towards your legs. Nice in the winter, pain in the summer.

It will not be the fuelling. Look at what you have done to the bike - if a standard bike doesn't blow heat up yet one with a Mudsling does; ipso facto Mudsling! I would guess that the Mudsling traps heat in front of it and as the speed rises, blows the heat up towards your legs. Nice in the winter, pain in the summer.

I have a mudsling on my non adventure LC, and haven't had this problem.

I have just bought a standard LC and have also noticed this 'problem'. Right thigh only

Never experienced it on my Triple Black. In fact, I was always disappointed in winter about how little heat I got off the pots.

Years ago, I had a R100/7 which used to keep me lovely and warm :)

I've just fitted an Altrider skid plate so it will be interesting to see if it makes any difference. (Cat still fitted).

Now you've got a bike dryer you can ditch the mudsling and just wash the bike more often! :thumb

Assuming of course you haven't already broken your dryer by shooting gerbils out of it ;)

I've got the Akro so I'm wondering if that adds to the issue or not. Might try the stock end can for a day or two as I collected bike with Akro fitted.

Jon

I'm running standard pipe, NO mudsling and no panniers (top-box....but can't believe that makes any difference..... ;) )

Bad fuelling will cause the cat to run excessively hotter, missfires (generally unnoticeable)...
Air leaks from manifold joint gaskets..
Possible to compare using temperature indicator sticks or labels..

Worth considering if it's down to only a few GSA WC, can't say I've noticed anything on my GS WC

Good luck to the super tech diagnosing that one tho..

I'm going to run some super unleaded and see how it fares. Did this on my K1200GT not because of heat but flat spots and it improved it considerably. Will report back :thumb

Have you checked you haven't left your bike drier on under the seat? :D

I was considering hooking it up in winter.... Pah
, who needs heated clothing when you can blast hot air up ya backside :eek: Freudian slip there :D

You don't have a cat convertor neither do I, I don't have this issue either, draw your own conclusion ;)

What headers are you running? Akro? Cost? :eek: more overtime :blast

Good point.:thumb I'm interested to hear what BMW say to Jon today.:thumb

It's going to be weds as so busy at work I've not had a chance yet :rolleyes:

I don't have a cat either, I do have a mudlsing and I don't have this problem. Case proven I would say m'lud ;)

Would be good to get some more comparables as it could help evidence the culprit.

Now you've got a bike dryer you can ditch the mudsling and just wash the bike more often! :thumb

Assuming of course you haven't already broken your dryer by shooting gerbils out of it ;)

Fully working and as addictive as a jet washer cleaning a patio :D you have to chase the water drops around the bike :eek: :D

And where Jon, are you in this country sitting at 80mph to cause this of heat problem? :augie :augie:hide

Ha ha

At 5.30 in the morning on M40 into the big smoke :hide however at a lovely 16 degrees this morning it was not an issue :rolleyes:

Matt at NOG hasnt had anyone mention this - until now...

He will on weds :D

Just been looking at the mudsling. I really can't see that being an issue at all. It's the same width more or less as the original it clips onto and only drops just below the swing arm which is there anyway :nenau

I had some air gloves on today so on a nice straight this eve at 80mph I selected cruse and held my hand down by cat bayou could have lit a match as the pocket of still air was so calm. Literally you cannot feel a drop of air moving down there.

So I still think it's radiated heat from the cat :thumb2 the air from the RHS rad is thrown out a good six inches outside of your knee due the the channelling effect of the air and the wider fuel tank.

Will run a tank or two on super unleaded while it's hot to see if the cat runs cooler :thumb2

Jon :beerjug:

....interesting

I've noticed the same thing over the last few months, the outside of my right thigh just under my butt cheek getting hot. Coincidentally I added a mudsling a couple of months ago to the bike.
I have just been putting it down to heat coming off the end can not being cooled down by the flowing air as the temperatures have risen over summer.
For me it is noticeable but not blisteringly hot.

I've recently taken the mudsling off my bike and will see if I notice any difference now

....interesting

I have just been putting it down to heat coming off the end can not being cooled down by the flowing air as the temperatures have risen over summer.
For me it is noticeable but not blisteringly hot.

I've recently taken the mudsling off my bike and will see if I notice any difference now

Let us know how you get on :thumb2 I know some have mentioned an electronic control box under seat that gets hot but I've not noticed this.

I'm going to look Into carbon fibre heat shields to see if anything could be adapted to clamp on the cat to prevent heat rising up as much.

Plenty about for turbos etc just a matter of measuring up and seeing if anything might fit :thumb2

Jon

I went out on mine and noticed the heat from the RHS !
Much much hotter than the left and although not unbearable it isn't comfortable either
I have a mudsling fitted but can't believe that's the cause as there is loads of air circulation room
See what rainbow have to say on first service

I've just done a 2.9k tour of Germany with a Mudsling fitted and didn't notice this problem? But I guess now it's in my mind it could become one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Highway pegs on the crash bars might be the answer Harley style :hide

CIMG0721%20346x243.jpg

Back
Top Bottom