Removing Anodisation from TT Panniers...

freelancer2011

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anybody done it? I've scraped mine and within the first year :(

I do like scars ;). But, I want to have a slightly neater look for a few more years at least.

Have read some articles online about someone doing it to this computer component. Should I work with low grit/wet first and work my way up? E.g: 120, then 200, then 400 etc. (Articles online had the guy using higher number ones which I don't know where to get from: 800, 1000). Any need for Dremels or cutting compounds? If a Dremel makes the work go faster or for smoothing out the scratches, which kind of heads should I use?

Can any of you guys post-up work-in-progress pics or 'after' pics so that I can get an idea of what's possible?

Cheers,
Lab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth a try getting them blasted with say 180 grade aluminium oxide grit, from there they will polish easily as it will remove the the anodizing

Whatever you use to get them back to condition, I'd be looking at either coating them or wrapping them afterwards......vinyl wrapping them should be pretty easy as a DIY project because of their shape, and you can peel it all off at any time.

Also have a look at Plastidip spraying.....TBH I really don't know how it goes onto bare aluminium, but I've no doubt that they will have some base coat specially for it if the basic stuff isn't suitable......again, DIY, peel off at any time :thumb2

(Have a look on YouTube for Plastidip.....hundreds of vids and guides, and it's impressive stuff )

Back
Top Bottom