A track bike it is not

Boxerboy55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A sunny evening at Knockhill on the hottest day of the year. Unfortunately it was a single open session and almost all the other bikes were either racers or track bikes. Very few number plates at all.
8d0414390b6117cf0f890d79d4272695.jpg

Pointing out of pit lane in reverse direction
77d6c3ea3ef4a6bb86a32d4d737b1f6e.jpg

A track bike it is not
198ee8e9262be6de39ee811f6e4e74c7.jpg

My lad's S1000 was more suited to things - but he trusted me for a short spin later
80a334fa8768af490cd3bdadcff57f78.jpg

That's him not me
9b5a21e1afc6e433f7c1c5a386d446ff.jpg

This is also him not me - camera wasn't switched on for my jolly
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=puZS-pjZApE

That looks quite interesting in the reverse direction - I've never ridden it that way and I'm not that keen on it running clockwise. Mind you, I do get fed up going round in circles.....
Norton.gif

That looks quite interesting in the reverse direction - I've never ridden it that way and I'm not that keen on it running clockwise. Mind you, I do get fed up going round in circles.....
Norton.gif

I've done reverse twice and I find it flows quite nicely. Coming up Duffus Dip is easier than diving down. The new wider hairpin is a bit strange. I'm booked on 12 August with Beemer folks.

I've done reverse twice and I find it flows quite nicely. Coming up Duffus Dip is easier than diving down. The new wider hairpin is a bit strange. I'm booked on 12 August with Beemer folks.

Yeah, it's McIntyre's that comes close to catching me out. I find myself wanting to go round there faster than I can, so I have to come off being hard on the brakes to tip it into the right a bit too soon. Then Clark feels like a reverse camber and is a bit like riding off the edge of the world. August 12th with Beemer folks...? There's nothing on the Knockhill website for then. Is it a private affair? It's not as if I have a leather onesie or even a zip together set anymore.....:blast

The 1200r should lap with the 600 sports okay?

Maybe some longer bends would help though

Al

Being a glutton for punishment, I took it round Knockhill again last night. The rain stopped on arrival, but the the track didn't fully dry out as there were only about 10 bikes.

I managed to ride it home, unlike the poor S1000RR rider who dropped it in the last 5 minutes. ouch!

Back
Top Bottom