nav 5 cadle wiring

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm swapping my bike and have manage to source a nav v cradle.

The new bike is not a BMW so doesn't have the plug and go sockets.

I anyone could explain the wiring I'd be most grateful,and the best way to do it.

Two plus on the Nav V

1st plug 3 wires...red...brown...black

2nd plug 2 wires...brown...white.

many thanks,

Steve

"have manage to source a nav v cradle"

- I just hope that you got it from a reputable source. Or was it stripped off a bike of some poor souls whilst he left it parked somewhere? Did you buy the BMW clocks whilst you were at it?

"have manage to source a nav v cradle"

- I just hope that you got it from a reputable source. Or was it stripped off a bike of some poor souls whilst he left it parked somewhere? Did you buy the BMW clocks whilst you were at it?

Dear me sir,what an absolute, total,complete,and utter knob you appear to be.

For your information,not that I need to quantify from where or whom I purchase anything,I purchased the cradle from a fellow UKGSER
who had used his Nav V on a gsa before purchasing a new bike with the mount and wheel installed, so no longer needed this cradle on his new bike.

Also I take great exception to it being suggested and accused of purchasing items that have been stolen.

People like you make this world a bad place.

It must be a very sad life for you when you see the bad in everything you come across.

You have spoilt my day.

Steve

Have you seen the thread on stolen clocks that is also running at this time?

if you are truly sure of the provence of the cradle, then I wish you good luck in getting it working as you wish

I'm not as diplomatic as Steve, I'm fucking 100% sure of the legitimacy of the cradle. I bought a new boxed retail Nav 5, and used it on my GSA, I bought a WC TE with cradle fitted, so when I saw Steve's quandry offered to sell him my now "spare" Nav 5 cradle. I'm up in work in Inverness, so got the wifey to get in the garage, fetch it out of the box and stick it in the post 1st class recorded yesterday.

Let's try to have a little more faith in human nature please.

On topic

With the cradle Steve, what you will probably find is that there are only 2 power wires (Pos / Neg) and the Other wires are Can hi + / Can Hi - / Can Lo + / Can Lo - , those 4 additional wires are "probably" for the canbus signals. The power is most likely going to be 5v as well, I'm still in work so will have a jaunt around google to see if there is a wiring diagram at all.

Cheers
Tony

I'm not as diplomatic as Steve, I'm fucking 100% sure of the legitimacy of the cradle. I bought a new boxed retail Nav 5, and used it on my GSA, I bought a WC TE with cradle fitted, so when I saw Steve's quandry offered to sell him my now "spare" Nav 5 cradle. I'm up in work in Inverness, so got the wifey to get in the garage, fetch it out of the box and stick it in the post 1st class recorded yesterday.

Let's try to have a little more faith in human nature please.

On topic

With the cradle Steve, what you will probably find is that there are only 2 power wires (Pos / Neg) and the Other wires are Can hi + / Can Hi - / Can Lo + / Can Lo - , those 4 additional wires are "probably" for the canbus signals. The power is most likely going to be 5v as well, I'm still in work so will have a jaunt around google to see if there is a wiring diagram at all.

Cheers
Tony

Many thanks Tony,arrived today,thank your good lady for me.

Found a good link on Adv rider for the fitting.

Steve

I've just received a 4 button cradle I'm going to use on the Africa Twin. I can't seem to see an answer about which wires are the power?

Connector 1, comprises of 1 Red, 1 Purple and 1 Black wire
Connector 2, comprises of 1 white and 1 brown wire.

I've just received a 4 button cradle I'm going to use on the Africa Twin. I can't seem to see an answer about which wires are the power?

Connector 1, comprises of 1 Red, 1 Purple and 1 Black wire
Connector 2, comprises of 1 white and 1 brown wire.

Power = red and black on connector 1. Purple is unused.
Connector 2 is mono audio out through the speakers on an RT

cradle connections

Power = red and black on connector 1. Purple is unused.
Connector 2 is mono audio out through the speakers on an RT

I am about to hook up 4 button cradle on my 98 gs.
So, just to confirm the connections.

On connector 1.
red=power
black=ground
& purple is unused.

Connector 2 will not be used.

Thanks & I appreciate any input

I am about to hook up 4 button cradle on my 98 gs.
So, just to confirm the connections.

On connector 1.
red=power
black=ground
& purple is unused.

Connector 2 will not be used.

Thanks & I appreciate any input

Correct. Those are the wires I used to mount a Nav 4 cradle to my non-BMW machine.

Back
Top Bottom