Travel Insurance help !

Magicmat

Reaction score
Trying to find travel insurance but the company we usually use arent impressed we are touring on a bike for two weeks.

Who does everyone use?

Matt

You will get a myriad of options if you use the forum search option.

If you are more specific about your requirements you might get a more useful answer.

Do you want an annual policy? Who do you want cover for? You, you & partner, children included? What is your risk profile? Any medical conditions? Age? Do you want cover for winter sports, global travel? Expensive toys like cameras to cover?

Make sure to read the small print Many policies have a small cc limit :rob

If i was totally specific i doubt anyone could recommend an exact company, as they Are unlikely to have the same profile as me.

But for the record, 1 or annual trip, no kids. Pillion is diabetic, both under 30

Annual policy with winter if its cheaper. Just europe will do.

Know a specific company?

If i was totally specific i doubt anyone could recommend an exact company, as they Are unlikely to have the same profile as me.

But for the record, 1 or annual trip, no kids. Pillion is diabetic, both under 30

Annual policy with winter if its cheaper. Just europe will do.

Know a specific company?

Yes, direct travel who allow you to get a quote online with medical conditions where many say "ring the underwriter"

Direct travel won, couldnt beat them anywhere else. Post office were twice as expensive !

I use Insure and Go. They did want an additional premium for bikes over 125cc though.

Direct line anual cover for me and the family. Ring them to get cover for bike over 125cc.

Insure and go are who i always use, but i had to call them 6 times, they never called me back, they couldn't get an answer from the underwriter,

So i gave up !!

For Europe and a 12 month policy i found Euro tunnel,s travel policy superb and cheap,£45 annual cover
No health questionair either.

I've got a policy via my nationwide account, worldwide incl USA etc, motorcycles over 150cc, 31 day trip limit (if going for longer can buy an extension) £10m medical cover

£50 per annum (Mrs C included)

Just noticed this thread so this may be too late but may still be relevant. Carole Nash where having Underwriter Problems and couldn't offer me Travel Insurance when I tried to renew our Annual Policy with them in May of this year.
We contacted Richard Would at Navigator Travel Insurance who was brilliant. Some real old fashioned service and advice over the phone. We are both old, have a fistful of medical problems, take loads of daily pills and do serious touring on an RT.
Good cover at a fair price. Contact richard@navigatortravel.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom