Travel Insurance help !

My wife and I went to Turkey in April with Turkey Motorbike Tours and they recommended Navigator Travel. Tour guide and company owner Armagan has an annual policy with them and I have just taken a second single trip policy for a jaunt round Germany I didn't know about in April.
Excellent service, clear and easy to understand documents, no cc limits, policies for where-ever you might want to go.
Highly recommended

We have used post office travel insurance for the bike trips for some time.Last year my wife was taken ill in switzerland and was in hospital for three days before being flown home. p.o insurance was brillant, no fuss everything sorted .Gets my vote:beerjug:

Looking at the Post office travel policy, they exclude motorcycle related personal accident and third party liability claims, fair enough about the 3rd part claims, but excluding personal accident is not good

Charles

Looking at the Post office travel policy, they exclude motorcycle related personal accident and third party liability claims, fair enough about the 3rd part claims, but excluding personal accident is not good

Charles

If you read Section D of the Post Office policy the cover is for loss of limb, sight or death. As with third party liability, you already have this cover as part of a standard motor vehicle policy.

If you are going to do any of the other activities on the list in Section I such as swimming with elephants or archery then it would be wise to have some other cover in place.

Thanks Wessie,

I stand corrected, it must be one of the few travel policies left that provides bike use cover, direct travel cover motorcycle use but only if it is "incidental" to the travel so a bike trip where the purpose of the trip is to ride a bike, does not sue to be covered.

My bikes are classics, so I get limited travel cover bundled in with "green card" coverage. At no extra cost unless outside of the EU or over 30 days

Charles

Thanks Wessie,

I stand corrected, it must be one of the few travel policies left that provides bike use cover, direct travel cover motorcycle use but only if it is "incidental" to the travel so a bike trip where the purpose of the trip is to ride a bike, does not sue to be covered.

My bikes are classics, so I get limited travel cover bundled in with "green card" coverage. At no extra cost unless outside of the EU or over 30 days

Charles

Where's that then? I have just searched the annual policy wording at http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/faq/travel-insurance-policy-wordings.aspx and can't find the word incidental.

The wording I can find is:

Please note that
if using a two-wheeled motor vehicle as a driver or passenger
you must wear a crash helmet and the driver must hold a licence
permitting him or her to drive the two-wheeled motor vehicle
under the laws of the country in which you are travelling (if such
a licence is required under the laws of that country).

and

10. Any claim arising as a result of your use of a two-wheeled motor vehicle unless:
a) as a passenger you wear a crash helmet and it is reasonable for you to believe that the driver holds a
licence to drive the two-wheeled motor vehicle under the laws of the country in which the accident occurs
(if such a licence is required under the laws of the country in which the accident occurs); or
b) as a driver you wear a crash helmet and you hold a licence which permits you to drive the two-wheeled
motor vehicle under the laws of the country in which the accident occurs (if such a licence is required
under the laws of the country in which the accident occurs).

Have a look at M&S travel insurance - I'm sure it covers motorcycle use, not merely incidental to the travel.

I think it's good value, and their policy booklet is clear and not written in tiny print.

Al

Have a look at M&S travel insurance - I'm sure it covers motorcycle use, not merely incidental to the travel.

I think it's good value, and their policy booklet is clear and not written in tiny print.

Al

this looks like a decent policy with a good quote engine, allowing you to tweak excesses etc to see how it affects the premium - just did the screening for my health conditions and the premium is under £50 for an annual policy which is very good

http://www.quidco.com/m-s-annual-travel-insurance/?ac £8 quidco brings the premium down even more :)

for skiers, the skiclub gb policy might work. it allows hazardous activities such as motorcycling to be added for additional premium. you don't have to be a member for thier basic policy + these add ons.

probably not so good for non skiers, as you pay a bit extra for winter sports cover from the off.

Back
Top Bottom