Mapsource & Zumo 590LM

mylovelyhorse

Reaction score
I hate Base Camp. I love Mapsource. Up until now I have successfully avoided ever using Base Camp but I've just bought a new Zumo 590LM and Mapsource doesn't see it as attached to the PC :(

Has anyone managed to get Mapsource to communicate with a 590LM?

The automobile SatNavs have been Basecamp-only - they use a completely different file transfer protocol to the old units - for quite a while and I have recently bought one to force myself to learn Basecamp.

The latest version of Basecamp has some new features (read that as features that Mapsource has had for years :) ) . I am "getting there" slowly......and keeping my Zumo 660 until then.

John

The automobile SatNavs have been Basecamp-only - they use a completely different file transfer protocol to the old units - for quite a while and I have recently bought one to force myself to learn Basecamp.
Hell :(

My 660 would happily talk to Mapsauce which made me very happy. The 590 is very nice but Basecamp... BAH :(

The latest version of Basecamp has some new features (read that as features that Mapsource has had for years :) ) . I am "getting there" slowly......and keeping my Zumo 660 until then
I'm getting rid of my 660 as part of the funding for the 590 :(

You can create all your routes in Mapsource and then import them into Basecamp to transfer to the 590. Best to recalculate them in Basecamp first though. I found this helps while I get to grips with Basecamp. I also prefer the way in which routes are stored with Mapsource, but then I have getting on for a hundred routes that we use regularly-65 plus for day routes around here plus a whole load for getting to and from our place.

John

Get over to the Zumo forum, there's a thread explaining how to use Mapsource on the latest units.

A simple fix it seems...

Get over to the Zumo forum, there's a thread explaining how to use Mapsource on the latest units.

A simple fix it seems...

any chance of a link, I'm a bit short of time at the moment what with the place being full of British bikers!

John

I can plan and upload from Mapsource to my 390 using that trick. But Mapsource can't see any tracks when I try to download after a ride.
Any ideas?

Alan, use the link in #8..

Thats how I got the Zumo to accept routes from Mapsource - its brilliant. But it doesn't allow Mapsource to accept tracks from the Zumo, unlerss I am doing something wrong .......

Now that Zumoforums has gone, can anyone remember how you get a newer Zumo to work with Mapsource?

You change it from Media Transfer Protocol to Mass Storage. On my Nuvi 2595 and Zumo 350 the sequence is to open the volume screen and touch the top right corner for just over 5 seconds. This opens a list of options: select MTP Settingss and then Mass Storage.

You change it from Media Transfer Protocol to Mass Storage. On my Nuvi 2595 and Zumo 350 the sequence is to open the volume screen and touch the top right corner for just over 5 seconds. This opens a list of options: select MTP Settingss and then Mass Storage.

Genius. Thanks.

You change it from Media Transfer Protocol to Mass Storage.

On my Nuvi 2595 and Zumo 350

the sequence is to Open the "volume screen" i.e. volume slider showing and THEN touch the top right corner for just over 5 seconds.

This opens a list of options:

select MTP Settingss and then Mass Storage.

Thank you for that Much appreciated
Graduating from a 2610 to a modern thingy can be quite tiresome :aidan

Pardon me for modifying instructions I couldn't quite grasp the concept before my second coffee

Back
Top Bottom