Grip Buddies

J.R.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone tried them yet? I just ordered a pair from NN to try. On my trip up to Jockland and back the other weekend I was getting a bit of a tingling in my fingertips, which I haven't experienced before, so thought I'd give them a go......:augie

Nice one. I will hopefully get mine in time for a weekend trial too. I'll check back with you :thumby:

I've had mine for a year (bought direct from USA from maker). I've done 10k miles including riding through the winter on my GSA and they're still in good nick and showing no noticeable signs of wear. Nice soft feel, comfy size and good vibration dampers. I've got grip puppies on my K1300S and they're good too on there but IMHO I think the buddies are a better solution for the Boxer vibes.

I've had mine for a year (bought direct from USA from maker). I've done 10k miles including riding through the winter on my GSA and they're still in good nick and showing no noticeable signs of wear. Nice soft feel, comfy size and good vibration dampers. I've got grip puppies on my K1300S and they're good too on there but IMHO I think the buddies are a better solution for the Boxer vibes.

Nice one, thanks for the feedback your Greatness :thumb

I've used them for years, mainly because the diameter of the 'newer' type of grips are too small (possibly to better fit the limp wristed office and IT workers).

I dislike them when they're new as they're too spongy but after around 10k and worn in become much better ...... imo ......

I'd fit 'em over the grip puppies if I could - I get tingly fingers with them on after a full day!

Giles tells me that's the best time to have a swift one off the wrist :D

No problems with vibes from my GS but fitted Grip Puppies as the existing grips even though the heated ones were too skinny. My Boxer Cup did however send fingers to sleep on my left hand. Hope to read some more on the Grip Buddies in due course though.

Grip Buddies duly received and fitted. Definitely a case of function over style (two bits of flappy rubber and a couple of strips of Velcro :rolleyes:).

The Jury has left to deliberate, and I shall revert in due course :bounce1

Grip Buddies duly received and fitted. Definitely a case of function over style (two bits of flappy rubber and a couple of strips of Velcro :rolleyes:).

The Jury has left to deliberate, and I shall revert in due course :bounce1

keen to hear your feedback....... I suffer from Dupuytren's and also need to enlarge the grip and dampen the vibes...

keen to hear your feedback....... I suffer from Dupuytren's and also need to enlarge the grip and dampen the vibes...

I can certainly attest to the larger grip, and they 'feel' more comfortable in this regard. As for the vibration, I am off to western France at the beginning of September, so I will have a good opportunity to seek out any improvement to the vibration over time. Or not :D

Just back after a little Tour de France and I have to say I didn't suffer any vibration at all. So all in all, better feel to the grip, more comfortable diameter and definitely reduced the 'tingling' in my fingers.

To anyone considering these they have got to be well worth a go for the money. Tthey get my vote :thumb2

Have just returned from a 1300 mile jaunt to Normandy. I suffer from Carpal Tunnel in both wrists and have previously used Grip Puppies. I have to say that I noticed no discernable difference with the Grip Buddies. They're easy to fit, comfortable to use and are an improvement over the standard grips but don't expect a huge improvement if you're already using the puppies.

25 quid they gotta be joking grip buddies,are they made from some rare and exotic rubber? Made two pairs from an old wet suit neoprene which the guy threw out. Cost 2£ for some glue and they have lasted me since Christmas 2013 feel fine and good. I would use the £25 for fuel.

25 quid they gotta be joking grip buddies,are they made from some rare and exotic rubber? Made two pairs from an old wet suit neoprene which the guy threw out. Cost 2£ for some glue and they have lasted me since Christmas 2013 feel fine and good. I would use the £25 for fuel.

exactly what I did - the exact same Sharkskin neoprene............ bought from eBay - 60cm x 50cm for 14.00 quid.............. enough to make my set and a few for my mates!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121320063...49&var=420272215039&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yep Goose. the thing isn't about being mean its utilising what you have . Bought some hella ff50,s and got a friend to fit them after I made the brackets with some ss flat bar! Total cost as friend wired them for me for nowt was £50, well I did fillet the twelve cod he caught for him. The hella kit even included the relay and cable, and switch. Not bad when you see what you can pay for a set of driving lights. Oh he let me have two nice fillets for our supper so I reckon I was quid's in!!

Back
Top Bottom