Paint jobs - Please take a look.

Sadly I've been able to post up photos of one of the best paint jobs I've done. The owner hasn't finished building the bike yet and he wants to be the person to unveil it.
I completely understand but Im itching to put the photos up on here as it's an airhead!

The RD paint scheme is very beautiful and has got me reminiscing of my early biking days.

Here's a pic of the same RD350LC tank out in the sunshine. When the bike is put together I'm going up to photograph it, I'll pop a couple up on here ....

350LC Tank by tunneruk, on Flickr

I've been looking forward to posting up these pics!

I was approached by a fellow forum member last year to paint his Cafe racer project that he was in the process of building. He asked me to keep the photos to myself until he'd finished building the bike. I got a PM from him earlier giving me the go ahead. I think his build thread is being written as we speak!

He wanted a subtle but custom paint job, he brought the parts down and I went through colours etc.

The party trick with this one is that I was asked to do the BMW roundels in paint. I suggested that we substitute the original silver parts of the badge with gold to compliment the rest of the paint job and also to add a bespoke feel to it.

Here are the parts after being prepped and primed.

IMG_7401 by tunneruk, on Flickr

BMW Tank_5 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Then came the painstaking process of painting the badges ....

IMG_7404 by tunneruk, on Flickr

And so the colours go on ....

BMW Tank_4 by tunneruk, on Flickr

BMW Tank_3 by tunneruk, on Flickr

BMW Tank_2 by tunneruk, on Flickr

And then on with the main candy red ....

BMW Tank_1 by tunneruk, on Flickr

The tail section received the same treatment ....

IMG_7535 by tunneruk, on Flickr

BMW Tank by tunneruk, on Flickr

I've seen a few photos of the bike during the build but not one of the completed bike, I'm looking forward to it. From what I saw it's had some beautifully thought out details and gorgeous components lavished on it!

That looks fantastic, Chris.:thumb

I'm looking forward to seeing the completed bike.

Chris that looks fantastic and i'm now even more excited to be popping down to see you next month:thumb

looks crackin does that matey, he wont be able to contain himself when he see's it!

Back
Top Bottom