Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demon Tweeks - faulty Denali Lights- Poor after sales service

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Demon Tweeks - faulty Denali Lights- Poor after sales service

I bought a set of Denali D4.2 lights to "Plug and Play" in to my already purchased Denali Can Smart Controller. I bought these lights specifically because of the connections on the Can Smart Controller.
    The lights arrived on 31st October but were not fitted to the bike until the 5thNovember.Bike is laid up for the winter. It was daylight so I just checked they both illuminated, which they did and looked OK.
    On 1st Dec I needed to move the bike and noticed that one of the lights was flickering slightly as it was dark. Next day I swapped connections with the one that was OK to eliminate a problem with the controller. It appears that it is the light that is faulty.
    Contacted Demon Tweeks on the 2nd December, which they arranged collection of the item. Their process is to send the faulty item back to their supplier to have it checked where, depending on their findings will either repair or replace the faulty light. I have already expressed with D.T. I am expecting a replacement. After the lights had been with D.T. for over 2 weeks and I had heard nothing I e-mailed their customer services and was advised they were still waiting to hear from their supplier.
    Am I being unreasonable to think that this is piss poor customer service?
    Its not so bad that the bike is not being used, but I still think this is pretty poor after sales service as I am still waiting for the outcome

In hind sight I should have gone down the same route as others by buying a cheap set of lights and a Hex ez-can as it has more common connections for accessories and saved myself £200... lesson learned and may be worth a warning to any future purchasers thinking of the same set up...

Given its the Christmas run up and very busy Id suggest a tad more patience with them Im sure you will get a replay come new year.
    Caution : May stop suddenly

Had nothing but exemplary customer service from DT......as Andii says, December isn’t the best time to expect a fast turnaround. Plus it’s not like you’re putting the bike back on the road for another few months, so in the words of Qui-Gon Jinn, ‘Patience, my young Padawan’.
    Why so serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
    Had nothing but exemplary customer service from DT......as Andii says, December isn’t the best time to expect a fast turnaround. Plus it’s not like you’re putting the bike back on the road for another few months, so in the words of Qui-Gon Jinn, ‘Patience, my young Padawan’.
    I was thinking they may have just replaced it there and then, as it was purchased just over a month previous. I am more annoyed that they have to send it back to "their " supplier to advise them what they are going to do about it. If I had found out about the problem a week earlier I could have got a full refund for faulty goods.

Totally understand.... I and many others are guilty of not checking out something bought right away too for function. I can also understand that as the ‘allotted time” has passed for a refund that the supplier feels the need to return an item to their supplier for checking. As big as these people are, they don’t want lumbered with a faulty item or to replace something that costs them money. Business is business as they say.
    Why so serious ?

I was thinking of a hex ex cam and a set of Denali lights might look elsewhere as dought this service will be any diff

Totally understand.... I and many others are guilty of not checking out something bought right away too for function. I can also understand that as the ‘allotted time” has passed for a refund that the supplier feels the need to return an item to their supplier for checking. As big as these people are, they don’t want lumbered with a faulty item or to replace something that costs them money. Business is business as they say.
    I think legally your beef is with the retailer. Push them.

Tom

Edit:

Not simple but check out Consumer Rights on the Which website

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-are-my-rights

Did you pay by credit/debit card? That gives you extra rights, “busines is busines” doesn’t come into it.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...ou-pay-by-card

Tom
    Last edited by sanqhar; 26-12-17 at 17:47. Reason: Extra info

Quote Originally Posted by sanqhar View Post
    I think legally your beef is with the retailer. Push them.

Tom
    I don’t have a beef with anyone.....
    Why so serious ?

I didn’t have beef with anyone.....
    Not even Christmas dinner?
    Caution : May stop suddenly

Quote Originally Posted by Andi_archer View Post
    Not even Christmas dinner?

Beef instead of turkey on Xmas day ?

As Rev Ian Paisley once said.....Never..Never..Never !
    Why so serious ?

I got the same setup from sportouring, have not had time to install it yet, but when buying emails where answered mega fast.

+1 for sporttouring excellent customer service,

You put in the link and suggested to push them.
    Given that they have returned the light to the supplier ( in America ) and they are not even being used. Perhaps the section in your link which reads.
    How to claim money back on credit cards

If you pay for something on your credit card and there’s a problem, your first step should be to contact the company you bought it from, to give them a chance to put things right.

Aren’t they in the process of doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    I got the same setup from sportouring, have not had time to install it yet, but when buying emails where answered mega fast.
    I've always found most firm's service to be excellent when they haven't quite got my money yet...
    We will never be here again - have a good look around

Quote Originally Posted by N1Rat View Post
    You put in the link and suggested to push them.
    Given that they have returned the light to the supplier ( in America ) and they are not even being used. Perhaps the section in your link which reads.
    How to claim money back on credit cards

If you pay for something on your credit card and there’s a problem, your first step should be to contact the company you bought it from, to give them a chance to put things right.

Aren’t they in the process of doing this?
    They won't have returned them to America . They will have returned them to the UK distributors. Some of the distributors will only credit the retailer for a faulty item if it's returned to them for repair / replacement . Commonly known as a RTB warranty (return to base warranty) . I had an original go pro go faulty and instead of posting to retailer he asked me to post it straight back to the importer as that was what he would have to do if I posted it to him. The distributor sent me a whole replacement unit back directly to me as it couldn't be fixed.

To the OP;

Demon Tweeks have collected it at their expense , they will also have to return it at their expense for warranty repair / replacement .

I don't think it's unreasonable to have to wait a couple of weeks for this to happen + a little longer as the distributor will almost certainly be closed for the whole of the Christmas period .

Also if there is a simple fix for the problem then I don't think its unreasonable to expect it to be fixed and returned to you . Why do you think it so unacceptable ?

Generalising here and not aimed directly at the OP I find it amazing how everybody is a consumer expert nowadays , how people make "demands"and start publicly slagging off companies and giving lousy feedback for things that amount to nothing more than a hiccup in life . In years gone by people would not make such a big fuss about such a small problems , yet nowadays it's almost a hobby for some people
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Totally correct.
    If you read most of our consumer laws, the term Reasonable is mentioned a lot. All too often it is the the consumer that is the un reasonable one, that has read the sentence “Not fit for purpose “ and expects someone to just sort it out there and then and when they don’t. They slag them off on a review site or some form of social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast