Paint jobs - Please take a look.

This one is a Marathon replica.

Painted in Halfords rattle cans by the previous owner - If you're ever thinking of doing this as a temporary measure before getting a bike painted professionally please think again, every panel had to be washed back to plastic with thinners, it took 3 days to do this alone!!!! :eek:

IMG_6378 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6379 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6628 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6629 by tunneruk, on Flickr

I am so lovin that. Pretty much my favourite bike of all time.

What is it with forum owners called Paul?

This bike belongs to Paul who owns a different albeit very well established BMW based forum - I've seen his Yacht ..... it's not as big as BHT's ;)

He brought me a stock R1200RS and wanted a faded orange and silver paint job in the same style as an original R90S. I advised him that it simply wouldn't translate into a decent scheme as a R1200Rs is just too angular with disjointed panels.

We spent an hour or so looking at colours and planning how they'd work out etc and we were good to go .... I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking!

IMG_6486 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6672 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6675 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6727 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6728 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6730 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6743 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6766 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6769 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6772 3 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6803 2 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6804 2 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9856 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9853 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9870 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9862 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9859 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9860 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Colour isn't my cup of tea but a lovely job nonetheless. Bet he's please he didn't go with an R90s rep colour scheme. You were correct, too angular

Chris thats a nice interpretation, albeit a bit KTM. I love the fading on the rear wheel. As allways great job

Time for an Italian .....

This is a Cagiva Elefant 900 fitted with a 999 Testrasetta engine, extended swing arm and modern USD front end. The amount of bespoke billet and carbon on this bike really is something to see!

Gavin didn't mind whether I used stickers or painted everything .... I'll let you work out what I decided to do ;)

Before .......

sept12-58 by tunneruk, on Flickr

nov12-142 by tunneruk, on Flickr

april2013-14 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Naked .......

IMG_7265 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7269 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7266 by tunneruk, on Flickr

During .......

IMG_6911 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6936 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6938 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6935 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6934 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7052 by tunneruk, on Flickr

After .......

_MG_9873 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9874 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9880 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9879 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9877 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9878 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9894 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9903 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9898 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Some really nice paint jobs thanks for sharing. If I owned one Id be afraid every time I took it in for a service though :D

Now that is lovely and knowing how you work no stickers were involved in the process at all

Nice work Chris
:beerjug:

Chris have you considered a visit to the deed poll office to change your name to:

Chris Stunner?

Because thats what this and you other jobs look , stunning!

I saw this a week or two ago and like all Chris's work, it looks great from a distance but the closer you get, it actually looks even better.

Cracking job, that, absolutely great. :beerjug:

I should think Gavin was delighted.

Bloody hell did you get the chance to have a go ! that is lovely, must be 140-150@ wheel !

That Cagiva is just beautiful...........a lovely sorted bike only made better by the paint job. One of my faves of yours Chris :thumb2

Andres

This is a Cagiva Elefant 900 fitted with a 999 Testrasetta engine, extended swing arm and modern USD front end. The amount of bespoke billet and carbon on this bike really is something to see!

Gavin didn't mind whether I used stickers or painted everything .... I'll let you work out what I decided to do ;)

Before .......

sept12-58 by tunneruk, on Flickr

After .......

_MG_9873 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9874 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9880 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9879 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9877 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9878 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9894 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9903 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9898 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Absolutely lovely . . . you have the gift!:clap:bow

How do you like your retro bikes?

I've seen many many R9T's and I've painted several now. This one was a little different though, it came to me wearing standard paint but with an absolute fortune's worth of modifications. The Carbon Wheels being the most 'extravagant'

To my eye it's the nicest 'Modified' R9T I've seen without having been cut about. It was just thee right side of 'enough'

Owned by a father and son it came to me for a dash of colour. We hatched a plan and away I went!!

Another bike with what are becoming my signature painted BMW badges ....

Before ...

IMG_6899 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6901 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6903 by tunneruk, on Flickr

During .....

IMG_7199 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7200 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7211 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7213 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7219 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7220 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7221 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7262 by tunneruk, on Flickr

I didn't photograph the rest of the scheme going together, it was pretty boring to look at ......

Then, with many many many hours work .... it looked like this ......

<iframe width="840" height="473" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wtmbw5WG2Fs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="840" height="473" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y-E12lgXZY0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then I took all the painted parts over to their place today and built the bike up!!

<iframe width="840" height="473" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GgRNxQ4o7-U" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope to have a bike one day that you can paint just to be able to own one of these works of art.

Chris - gazzabart here sent email 're paint job did you get it ok

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Chris - gazzabart here sent email 're paint job did you get it ok

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi fella,

i've switched email hosts and some of my emails have gone a bit wayward, both sent and received.

Try pinging me again?

Cheers, CT

Back
Top Bottom