Paint jobs - Please take a look.

If you're ever contemplating painting something that'll make you never want to paint anything ever again ever, buy a KTM 1290 Superduke, strip the wheels out and paint them like these.
There are SIXTEEN hours masking alone in these wheels :blast

They do look pretty cool though :cool:

IMG_6275 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6274 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6277 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6278 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6273 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Chris - just read this thread from start to finish; amazing work, you are a true craftsman!

How the hell did you learn to do all of this? I can fully appreciate that the vast majority of the work is in the preparation. What I can't work out for the life of me is how you do the masking to paint letters with lots of compound curves, such as this:

14178277937_86a9903d7e_b.jpg

As mentioned by others, it would be really good of you could produce a time-lapse video!

Chris - just read this thread from start to finish; amazing work, you are a true craftsman!

How the hell did you learn to do all of this? I can fully appreciate that the vast majority of the work is in the preparation. What I can't work out for the life of me is how you do the masking to paint letters with lots of compound curves, such as this:

14178277937_86a9903d7e_b.jpg

As mentioned by others, it would be really good of you could produce a time-lapse video!

I'm self taught, since leaving school I've had a circle of friends in the automotive refinishing trade, from commercials to cars and even kitchens!, I've just always been around it.
As with all these things, the more time you spend doing it the better you get at it. I can't really tell you more than that, My paint jobs have developed in the last 5 years and so I guess they've got better. I've had the opportunity to experiment with different finishes and I'm asked for / in a position to offer more and more different styles and ideas. It's enormously satisfying but massively time consuming.

Thank you for your kind comments, they're very much appreciated! ;)

Bloody 'ell, that is some job that. Out of curiosity was that triangle in the A of Yamaha spray painted or a brush stroke?

Bloody 'ell, that is some job that. Out of curiosity was that triangle in the A of Yamaha spray painted or a brush stroke?

I'm not sure I know what you mean fella?

But I can answer, no brushes were used anywhere :D

I'm self taught, since leaving school I've had a circle of friends in the automotive refinishing trade, from commercials to cars and even kitchens!, I've just always been around it.
As with all these things, the more time you spend doing it the better you get at it. I can't really tell you more than that, My paint jobs have developed in the last 5 years and so I guess they've got better. I've had the opportunity to experiment with different finishes and I'm asked for / in a position to offer more and more different styles and ideas. It's enormously satisfying but massively time consuming.

Thank you for your kind comments, they're very much appreciated! ;)

I've come to the conclusion you're bullshitting. None of these "paint jobs" actually exist - it's all just a massive exercise in Photoshop ;)

Would have been cheaper to paint the lid !

The previous paint job was absolutely shite so the bodywork needed a paint job anyway (as part of a full restoration)

He really liked his lid so decided to have his bike painted to match.

RD03 Africa twin

This one is a Marathon replica.

Painted in Halfords rattle cans by the previous owner - If you're ever thinking of doing this as a temporary measure before getting a bike painted professionally please think again, every panel had to be washed back to plastic with thinners, it took 3 days to do this alone!!!! :eek:

IMG_6378 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6379 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6628 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6629 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom