Dent 2015

water

See you've cleaned the old girl, You've cleaned the bike aswell!! Sorry Mary, was great to have some glamour on the ride.
Not many have been offroad two up, just wish I'd got it on film.
Here's one for you.

Attachments

• ukgser dent 028.JPG
    ukgser dent 028.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 467
We are just back, Journey in 2 legs:
Dent - Holyhead.
Dublin - Galway.
The weather is taking the piss, horrendous weather in Ireland., 5.5 for fecks sake!
Its supposed to be summer,
But spirits are high.
O and by the way.
THANKS ALL

After that off roading 2 up on road tyres you deserve a medal!! great to meet you both :beer:

Great time , love me new coaster , but our lass want that fussed about hers .
Must have have picked the wrong colour ??? ��

The Gathering..

Attachments

• IMG_3928.jpeg
    IMG_3928.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_3934.jpeg
    IMG_3934.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_3947.jpeg
    IMG_3947.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3948.jpeg
    IMG_3948.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_3949.jpeg
    IMG_3949.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 327
Perhaps March would be a better bet for 2016....

Agreed and for which i will buy mickys beer next time we meet for a drink

:D:thumb
:beerjug:

The village that time forgot

Great photo's Wreford ... and great to meet up with you, and so many other 'Tossers', putting faces to names.

Many thanks to all those that helped, without you it would have been impossible, but when folk talk about a great event, it's all you feckers that make it great :D

Thanks JB for sorting the runs out ... good one buddy :thumby:

A few statistics ...

69 attendees, camping, B&B or tin boxes :thumby:

21 didn't come that said they would :(

11 came that we didn't know about :D

£502.37 raised for the local air ambulance :D:D

Thanks to those that donated raffle prizes, and those that bought tickets for the raffle ... and thanks to Gracie (Sue) and Magnet (Fran) for selling the tickets :kissy2:kissy2

I'll post my photographs up tomorrow, but for now, to whet your appetite ...

The photograph of the day ...

'Captions Competition' here we come ...

Beware ... Not suitable for general release, not to be seen by children or those easily offended :eek:

Drum roll please .....

i-rWzzcFr-L.jpg

Thanks to y'all :thumb

Ta!

Many thanks to Micky, JB, Gracie, and all the others who made this event what it was from me and Magnet. Special thanks to Wrinkley Owlie for being the'fall guy' and letting all those unreliable BMW's off the hook;)

Not forgetting a thank you for the indomitable Margaret who seems to hold that campsite together single handed, makes a mean breakfast, and is letting us leave our wobbly box on her site for a few days while we play in Scotlandh:thumb

It's pissing it down in Scotland and freezing so we feel right at homek:clap

Great W/E despite my tribulations with the Stelvio, which meant I couldn't put on the 21 dales run on the Saturday.

Had a good ride out Sunday though on the loan Bike.

Massive thank you to 'Harry the cat' and 'Magnet' for rescuing my bike form just outside Hawes, and have a great week in Scotland

Got back to Teasdale Motorcycles in Thirsk on Monday lunch time (My bike had been recovered there) to find the bike had been fixed 10 mins after I had left on Saturday.

Under the main fuse box (yes I'd checked all the fuses. Well, nearly all of them) there are some more fuses which are accessed via a small panel on the side of the bike.

Sadly I had been looking in the wrong place and had not seen this fuse box, it was in said fuse box that a 30amp fuse had blown which stopped the alternator from charging the battery.

It had been absolutely chucking it down since leaving Thirsk and I arrived back in Dent at around 2pm to pick all my gear up, which Jim had put in a shed for me.

Got my bike all loaded up, and if you saw me arrive you'd know I don't travel light, jumped on and pulled her upright off the side stand only for my right foot to slip from under me on the wet concrete and for me to promptly lay the bike down on her right hand side.

Couldn't lift it back up on my own, but fortunately the girl in the office kindly assisted and gave enough poundage to get it back upright.

Once again Thanks to everyone,

Steve

Thanks to all who organised and nice to meet fellow bikers.

Wont have to leave it 8 years until my next GS do!

" Couldn't lift it back up on my own, but fortunately the girl in the office kindly assisted and gave enough poundage to get it back upright."

Where is a dead sheep when you need one, Steve..

More photographs ...

Wot it says ...

i-WT8XSfd-L.jpg

Walked up Flinter Gill again ... dunno how long these new knees are guaranteed for :eek:

i-Wm56SRb-L.jpg

No words necessary ...

i-5S9hjDQ-L.jpg

Sun Inn, Miss Milly has five minutes ...

i-CFbKK3m-L.jpg

The people ...

i-pZ7zWGb-L.jpg

i-GpJTp3C-L.jpg

i-QNPZGNq-L.jpg

i-Skgj8Vp-L.jpg

i-Gpf5rj2-L.jpg

i-rZLV4vH-L.jpg

i-4nhbthc-L.jpg

i-cmf4c6N-L.jpg

Out walking ...

i-DWG72dh-L.jpg

i-KjMkCKP-L.jpg

i-vd3b9VW-L.jpg

It was a close call for Gracie :D

i-9jvLHVk-L.jpg

At the raffle ticket draw Simon 'Haditlowered' receives his 'Fruitcake of the Dent Event Award' with grace and good style and then unselfishly shared it with everyone.
Here he cuts it up with the help of Margaret our Camp Commandant :thumby:
Made and donated by 'Gracie' ... many thanks Sue :thumby:

i-pdF4xNN-L.jpg

i-7QBDKjH-L.jpg

i-6rTKNdm-L.jpg

i-KtXxcGw-L.jpg

"We were all having fun ... honest"

Son 'Laughingas' with grandson Aaron set sail for home the Sunday morning ...

i-7KqjcJh-L.jpg

Once again ... many thanks folks :thumby:

Looks like a great event but why does Giles look like Adolf Hitler in that photo of him. :nenau :D

Well done Micky and all those that helped raise this fantastic sum for the Air ambulance :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom