Southport Superbikes Closing

I'm paraphrasing a bit here but;

Years ago BMW wanted Bluebell to build a dedicated bike showroom as indeed most of the bike places are now . Bluebell had just spent a cool mill or more on their new Mini showroom that BMW had insisted on so they weren't too keen. I would imagine sales weren't great at the time , they weren't selling thousands of GSs yet and new the k1200s wasn't a runaway success.
BMW said " build it and they will come " ....Bluebell said you fekkin pay for it then cos we ain't ......so they relinquished the bike franchise .......

I believe Colwyn Bay Motorcycles did the same...not enough sales to justify the outlay etc. My nearest is Chester Motorad ( whom to be honest were superb on the 'phone the other day when I needed a certain part - so off to order it next Tuesday ). Other than that, no way would I be travelling to Preston or Crewe for bits 'n' bobs etc.

I believe Colwyn Bay Motorcycles did the same...not enough sales to justify the outlay etc. My nearest is Chester Motorad ( whom to be honest were superb on the 'phone the other day when I needed a certain part - so off to order it next Tuesday ). Other than that, no way would I be travelling to Preston or Crewe for bits 'n' bobs etc.

Chester Motorrad took up the franchise in Cheshire after Bluebell went..:thumb:

Just been in to Chester Motorad and ordered a new K1 fairing sticker...whopping £51.14 plus VAT:yikes . Only when I got home did I notice they have charged me £67.09 instead of £61.36 !! :rob

Hopefully they will sort a refund out when I call in to collect the worlds most expensive sticker !! :D

Good friendly staff though :thumb2

It seems that Southport Superbikes are making the move to Preston in July.......so watch for Roy Gardner's (RGM m/cs) workload to shoot up around the height of summer for servicing!

Bowkers

They are converting a building in front of the existing car showroom at Preston ... Plans look fantastic ... Should be a good opening party :beerjug:

Well it will be most convenient for me I must say..
Only 16 miles away instead of 38 to Southport.
As said earlier the plans look very good indeed.

Went past the new SSB building on Preston Docks yesterday, not much progress. Will be amazed if it opens in July, pity as the TE is due her 6600 mile service. Will have to trek to Southport :rolleyes:

....the TE is due her 6600 mile service. Will have to trek to Southport :rolleyes:

Make that trek just a little bit further to Croston and check out RGM MotorCycles.

Roy Gardner is well thought of for his attention to detail and value-for-money servicing costs.... http://www.rgm-uk.com/index.php

(No connection other than as a very satisfied customer....)

I'm paraphrasing a bit here but;

Years ago BMW wanted Bluebell to build a dedicated bike showroom as indeed most of the bike places are now . Bluebell had just spent a cool mill or more on their new Mini showroom that BMW had insisted on so they weren't too keen. I would imagine sales weren't great at the time , they weren't selling thousands of GSs yet and new the k1200s wasn't a runaway success.
BMW said " build it and they will come " ....Bluebell said you fekkin pay for it then cos we ain't ......so they relinquished the bike franchise .......

Pretty much the same as Slocomes in London, and BMW in Stroud, both long long long term BMW dealers and both gave up because either couldn't or wouldn't spend what BMW wanted them to. However on a high note, 2 from BVM set up a small shop specializing in BMW servicing and repairs and they are fantastic, and less than a third the cost of a main dealer!!
Blatant plug Stroud Motorcycle Company Ltd http://www.stroudmc.co.uk/

Even nearer to me, will give them a ring, thanks for that.

You won't regret it, Roy used to be workshop manager at Southport Superbikes before setting up as an independent BMW repair shop and what he doesn't know about BMWs just isn't worth knowing......

Word on the street is that servicing will still be done in Southport until at least September

Wish you all the best

Sorry can't wait .. 2 bikes off to Williams for servicing next week..

Being collected in the morning and delivered back in the afternoon ... Now that's Great service... :thumb2

A New Date For Your Diaries

Hello,

The launch weekend for Bowker Motorrad will now take place over the weekend of 17-18 October 2015.

In discussion with contractors, we made a simple decision to take the time we wanted to give our customers' the experience they deserved. We believe an extra few weeks will be worth the wait. We think you will too!

New event details are available here, http://www.bowkermotorgroup.co.uk/bmw-motorrad/bowker-motorrad-launch-weekend

The Bowker Motorrad Team.

Back
Top Bottom