C.N.Europe map update

A simple question. My zumo 500 hasn't enough memory for the latest maps, so they have to go on a card. I have no problem doing this. Maps are downloaded to my mac via Express, and installed via MapInstall. I've done this several times now, but I can't find an easy way of selecting all the maps in one go. It's very laborious clicking on every individual section (about 500 I think). Is there a simple keystroke that highlights every map? I've looked everywhere, and can't find it.

If you move the mouse to the top left of the map area which you wish to transfer, click on the left mouse button and KEEP depressed, and draw around the area required. You should be left with a box, within which all the map tiles are highlighted. Similar technique to copying/ pasting text.

It is ridiculous that in these days of high memory devices and the compactness of things, that garmin couldn't build more memory into the units

Designed in obsolescence, quite handy for keeping the shareholders happy.

If you move the mouse to the top left of the map area which you wish to transfer, click on the left mouse button and KEEP depressed, and draw around the area required. You should be left with a box, within which all the map tiles are highlighted. Similar technique to copying/ pasting text.

As above.

If you want all the 500 individual map tiles, shrink the map view right down; Place the cursor in the northeast corner (Iceland will do) and finish in the southwest corner (Turkey). Job done.

I'll try that. I knew it would be simple.

Back
Top Bottom