Basic wiring question

denny

Reaction score
Recently bought a new WRR and want to remove the monster number plate bracket. The number plate light is independent of the rear light and has it's own power cable. I will be chopping this cable, not sure if I'm supposed to keep the two wires insulated and separate from each other or join them and make a circuit. I didnt want to trial & error in case I threw an error code or short circuit.

Cheers :beerjug:

If the two wires are purely to the number plate lamp,then one will be positive and one will be negative.
In that case,DO NOT join them together!
Instant short circuit.

Look back in the rear mini loom for a connector block or a pair of connectors and just unplug if you can...failing that,cut them and ideally sleeve the ends or tape them as a last resort.

Are you fitting a different tail lamp with a clear section used as a number plate lamp?
Just asking as one is needed for legality.

Followed the loom and found the connector, they had stuffed it in a bastard spot. Anyway, a lot better than cutting wires etc...thanks for pointing it out.

I will eventually fit a 12 o/clocks labs version of the DRC tail light with integrated turn signals , which does have a number plate lamp...but my number plate will be tucked under the rear fender/mud guard or under the seat. Coppers here are odd, they tend to turn a blind eye to bikers, unless it's the end of the month and they need to meet their ticket quota...or if someone 'important' is flipped off by a biker then they'll pull nearly all bikers over for one/two days only. With the help of social media it's easy to avoid them though :D

Back
Top Bottom