Wander 'Black Forest and Vosges' October 5th to 12th 2014

That's everyone accounted for.

I hope everyone now has the spreadsheet and can add Richard (Timeandtide)'s details in themselves.

I won't be in St Omer much before 22:30 so I'll see you all there, I guess.

Have fun.

Richard

I hope everyone now has the spreadsheet and can add Richard (Timeandtide)'s details in themselves.

Certainly had fun -right up to the moment when...:eek:

Certainly had fun -right up to the moment when...:eek:

....when Richard (Timeandtide) decided that his bike needed to become a Piaggio-style twin front wheel model and be loaded on a trailer for further evaluation.... (busted gearbox...) - "unstoppable"

i-Tj8zvsc-L.jpg

Thanks Wapping for a brilliant week, I hope everyone got home safely in the bad weather last night. Just off to work, reality dawns.

Back home after a 640 mile day, strangely not tired. Richard, many thanks for delivering yet another expertly planned and executed 'Wander'. I realise just how much planning you undertook and a relaxed smooth running like this just doesn't happen by chance!

Great to meet you other other guys for the first time. It'd be good to catch up again on another ride sometime. Any advice you want on brollies; you know where to come! :thumb2

Yep, I only did the Black Forest bit, but had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Good company and excellent roads. The weather Gods played around with us a bit, but that is what having waterproofs is about! And, after I left you in Colmar, I had an excellent day riding up through the Vosges (an area I will definately go back to).

I hope to meet you all again some time in the future - perhaps on future 'Wanders'.

and thankyou again Richard for all your efforts

A great time had, I think.

We did all of what I had hoped for, with a minimum of motorways and main roads unless taking them was the only sensible option.

Over the two days in the Black Forest, we did the northern and southern end of the iconic B500. More importantly, we did lots of the 'other roads' too.

We crossed the Vosges, taking in some good east to west roads. The 'Route des cretes' can wait for another time.

We had a very full day in the Morvan (not somewhere many bods go) and another in the Côte d'Or, again not many Brits go there. All very diferent roads.

We all got home... Somehow or anther.

All helped because everyone got, got going and kept going. Thank you all.

Sounds like a great trip............I'm off to the Schwarzwald on Sunday sailing Newcastle-Imjuiden

Taking my Landrover Defender on this trip instead of the 1200GSA so it'll be heated seats, wipers and four wheel drive in the Ardennes and Black forest!

Sounds like a good trip,hopefully if you are doing wanders next year I will join you on one.Now we have got one over on the Quinns at last,I can avoid to much mocking :D

A great time had, I think.

All helped because everyone got, got going and kept going. Thank you all.

Unfortunately I only "kept going" for so long!:blast:blast

Great trip -as others have said many thanks for organizing Richard, and look forward to joining you again sometime in the future.:clap
Good to meet some new people . . . thanks for your company (and forebearance!)

Routes taken etc.

Here's a link to the routes we rode.

It's a BaseCamp file, parts of which (the days out and the final route back) were created on-the-hoof whilst we were away.

The routes are numbered sequentially, in the same order that we rode them. Circular routes taking one day are spilt into halves.

Have fun.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14126843/Black Forest.GPX 2.zip

Thanks Richard, now loaded into the latest version of Basecamp.

Bike now off the road thanks to a worn driveshaft joint, so maybe its time I learnt to use my Garmin properly.

Back
Top Bottom