Rain On Visor?

I dont have issues with rain on the outside of my visor, a quick turn of the head clears most. But since I changed crash helmets, I now get a few rain drops on the inside. I think they are drawn up from under the chin piece due to air flow.

Lower your screen, wind will do the rest.
In heavy rain you are going to get soaked anyway.

Aquapel is brilliant

I use it on the helmets and the cars. can drive the car in rain without using the wipers :)

Great stuff and a treatment on the visor lasts around couple months or so. One vial is enough to do a car and a couple of visors. The FAQ say's it won't bond to visors, but I've been using it for a few years, mainly the left over from doing the car screen and it's worked fine, just not lasted as long as on the car screen, and it's not caused any noticeable problems like a visor becoming brittle. I've used the helmet on naked bikes, had stones etc flung up but no shattering or breakage.

http://www.aquapel.com/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquapel-Automotive-Rain-Repellent-Applicator/dp/B0034TR6EM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ijwubQLhNrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am a Rain-X fan and so far have never had a visor brittle problem over many years of usage. Works a treat but for some reason it doesn't seem effective on the screen.

Dunno what they treat the OEM visor with on my Bell lid but even at a couple of years old now water still beads off it and it hardly ever steams up on the inside.

Andres

I always use a good polish but was told not to spray direct on the visor but onto a cloth first, never had any problems! And use Washing liquid on the inside for anti - steam, thin coat let it dry and buff off, works for me. Dry run home's a bonus!!

I've always only ever used ordinary polish on the outside with a Vee wipe or wipe that built into the forefinger of my glove, then a couple of months ago I got some of this, it's brilliant!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 238
As with Blueranger above, or use RainX BUT beware, it can make the visor go a little milky over long term use. Some visors might react differently :)
You sure Rainex works on Perspex? Only works on glass and glazed porcelain in my experience.
I agree with Blackal; in fact I think it says on the Rainex bottle that it doesn't work on plastic or Perspex.

Works a treat on glass like car windscreens, but wasn't worth the effort when I tried it on the visor. :thumb2

There was a couple in the den a fortnight back....they'd invested 800k of their own dosh making a rubbery appendage that fits onto a thumb..
£800,000? I think they're winding somebody up. :rolleyes:

Try Rainex on your bathroom wash basin - watch the water dissappear!

Al

I've always only ever used ordinary polish on the outside with a Vee wipe or wipe that built into the forefinger of my glove, then a couple of months ago I got some of this, it's brilliant!

Cheers for the recommend, at that price I'll give it a try.

Try Rainex on your bathroom wash basin - watch the water dissappear!
But the chances are your sink is ceramic - not plastic.

That's my point, Rainex is brilliant on glass but from my experience bloody useless on plastic / acrylic.

Another fan of Nikwax here. The rain just runs off, and one application can last for days.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom