CB500X - any other owners out there?

Saw that Rally Raid version at HUBB, looked great so have just been into local Honda dealer to sort test ride on a standard bike.

They haven't got a 500x but will be taking a 500f out so I get a feeling at least for the engine.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Mark jumping on a 500 from a 1200 is a little disappointing, be open minded the x is better as you have the fairing and a option of a tall screen the rear shock set up is better on the x, other than that it's the same bike

I've got a 800 so maybe not as big a drop, have ridden a few 500 twins over the years and liked them. Plus I was at HUBB on a VanVan so it's a big jump the other way too ;)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rally Raid version with loads of extras

The graphics look good on the white bike

Attachments

• DSC_0305.jpg
    DSC_0305.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 6,383
I've also got a 500x alongside my 1100GS and alternate between the two - I must admit that in commuting mode I prefer the Honda as it's much lighter and feels more nimble but for long distance the BMW is more relaxed.

Yes, has the full Rally Raid kit. I kinda like the black look - the heritage bike (which is what RR call the one above with the gold wheels) doesn't do it for me :)

I have to admit for the road I thought the Hagon springs I had on before (but have since sold on) suited the bike better...

The graphics look good on the white bike

Had a test ride of this stage 3 machine, back to back with a standard version at the HUBB. Have to say the up-rated model was adorable to ride, just a shame we weren't allowed to take it properly off-tarmac!

i mostly went here last week :D

2500 miles in a week holland germany suisse frog

didnt use any oil or water - just sans plomb :D

Attachments

• Picture 1604.jpg
    Picture 1604.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,327
One of the young lads at work has one of these and we rode down to the central massif last year. Awesome bikes with loads of upgrade potential at a very attractive price.

Well, I've done it, picking up a red 64 plate CB500x on Tuesday, swapped my 800GSA in for it.

It will be main bike for a year or two then will probably be for commuting only and I'll get something else, so don't know how far I'll modify it. Comes with top box, centre stand and heated grips but could do with panniers for work stuff.

Mark

Have already started looking at farkles, really need hard panniers for work stuff, plus hand guards and better screen for winter.

Got a decent run down to Brecon Beacons in a couple of weeks. So will get a better feel for it then.

Hope you enjoy it John, I', lovin mine and I'm sure the heated grips will be well used in darkest Siorrachd Obar......

Likewise Mark. You might find it a wee bit bouncy on the B class roads to begin with....:D

Hope you enjoy it John, I', lovin mine and I'm sure the heated grips will be well used in darkest Siorrachd Obar......

Have an SV650 so used to bouncy suspension, but I think with the wider handlebars it doesn't feel quite so unnerving at times. 2016 bike's got slightly better front suspension I understand.

Got the top box fitted and half the Shad SH36 pannier fittings, right-hand one needs a spacer to make the installation look right.

Back
Top Bottom