Thread: Help! Oversize piston needed - anyone know where I can get one?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Help! Oversize piston needed - anyone know where I can get one?

I'm looking for an oversize piston for my 1992 Serow (don't ask) - Yamaha don't make one and Wemoto said if they knew where to source them they'd stock them. An American site had a post saying the Yam Timberwolf ATV engine is exactly the same as the Serow except for the transmission so they'd used its standard piston at 71mm which is 1mm over the Serow standard. Does anyone on here know anything about this or does anyone have any other suggestions? All help gratefully received.

Yes they do. Pistons fit XT225 and TTR225/230 from 1986 to 2011. I can't comment on the ATV, but the part number will be different.

0.5mm (2nd O/S) Yamaha part number 1KH-11636-01-00
    1mm (4th O/S) Yamaha part number 1KH-11638-01-00

Both available from CMS in Holland (www.cmsl.com), but you won't like the prices! Suggest you ask your local friendly Yamaha dealer, or there's one on Fleabay USA here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181503595883

Good luck!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks so much for your reply Cook1e. I'm afraid I haven't looked here for a bit as we've been following up a lead for a garage in Sheffield which was closing down and selling off loads of bits. The owner was a Serow nut and happened to have a 2nd hand cylinder and piston in good condition. I picked it up for £65 which was pretty fantastic considering the price new. I've made a note of your links as they may be of great use in the future.

Kate

You're welcome!