Geneva 2015...... Bike Transport

I am basing myself in Livigno for the week and am planning on heading different locations each day. Any must see locations?

Dave
I will e-mail you the routes of 3 runs that i did last year from our base in Livigno.

5 weeks today, we will be collecting the bikes and heading into Switzerland! Roll on Holidays!! Now just have to try and get everything packed into panniers

5 weeks today, we will be collecting the bikes and heading into Switzerland! Roll on Holidays!! Now just have to try and get everything packed into panniers

age old tip for packing .... lay out on the bed all the stuff you plan to take, clothes and money etc. ....... then only take have the clothes etc. and twice the money :beerjug:

Looking forward to this trip indeed !!

age old tip for packing .... lay out on the bed all the stuff you plan to take, clothes and money etc. ....... then only take have the clothes etc. and twice the money :beerjug:

:thumb
That's about the size of it
You'll be in bike gear all day so how many t-shirts do you really need for the evenings ?

See you all in Geneva on the 23rd for the return leg :bounce1

Where to mount Vignette

Can you mount the vignette in the TAX disc holder or does it have to be stuck to your windscreen?

Has to be stuck on, today I twice went from Austria into Switzerland and out, on both occasions at different border posts they weren't checking passports but were checking vignettes

Has to be stuck on, today I twice went from Austria into Switzerland and out, on both occasions at different border posts they weren't checking passports but were checking vignettes
Where did you have your vignette mounted?

Do I need a vignette? Picking up bike in Geneva and heading straight into France, keeping off motorways?

That's what I figured but read somewhere that a vignette is needed for 'National Class 1 and Class 2' roads. Dunno the difference :nenau

If your staying in France you will be grand, the place you pick the bikes up from is in France but right on the border, so be cautious of your route planning as you could easily cross the border into Switzerland without realising it !

There are a few Vignette's for sale on e,bay if you want to keep your costs down !

I normaly place mine on the top RHS of the screen as a rimunder of what side i should keep the kerb on :blast

I washed my bike tonight.... And gave it a wee bit of a shine in readiness for Saturday.

Also fitted new gutties and looks like I just need to pack now ��

Packed the panniers, put them on, took 'em off again and threw away half the contents :aidan

Packed the panniers, put them on, took 'em off again and threw away half the contents :aidan
Just did the same

Bike washed

Panniers packed

Panniers unpacked chucked a load of shite out

Now left with an empty top box

A third of a pannier on the right and a half on the left 😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stage one completed.

Belfast bikes loaded up and all stayed dry and clean. Andy had also invested in heavy duty rubble sacks for the riding kit this year which was a nice touch. This made the whole experience more Marks & Spencer rather than Lidl :D

Truck has been relocated to a secure yard in Belfast with cameras and a guard. Tom leaves for the Dublin bikes on Tuesday morning then takes the ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg.

Slick operation as usual this year and all whom I'd spoken with were impressed and satisfied their bikes are safe and sound. I'm sure some of you will have photos of the truck a bit fuller than this, but I'd to dash as that thing called work was getting in the way of my Saturday!

IMG_3573_zpsa2yfkzqe.jpg

If your staying in France you will be grand, the place you pick the bikes up from is in France but right on the border, so be cautious of your route planning as you could easily cross the border into Switzerland without realising it !

There are a few Vignette's for sale on e,bay if you want to keep your costs down !

I normaly place mine on the top RHS of the screen as a rimunder of what side i should keep the kerb on :blast
7 of just rode from Memmingen to Chamonix and back again at the end of our trip, most of that return journey was through Switzerland. Only 2 of us had the Vinette's, not once where they inspected or where we stopped at any of the border crossings.
I wouldn't be overly concerned about momentarily crossing into Switzerland.

Like most things in life this comes down to the % game, yep you got away with it and fair play to you , however last year I was stopped and checked at 3 different crossings !
As long as you have access to €250 to pay the fine then crack on , I personal took the option of purchasing the €33 vignette ��

Like most things in life this comes down to the % game, yep you got away with it and fair play to you , however last year I was stopped and checked at 3 different crossings !
As long as you have access to €250 to pay the fine then crack on , I personal took the option of purchasing the €33 vignette ��

I got away with nothing.........my Vinette was on my screen 2 weeks before the bike was shipped. 5 of the lads didn't bother

I thought the €42 was worth the piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom