Geneva 2015...... Bike Transport

Betty Swollocks

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is Part 2 and the final draft of a previous thread re shipping your bike to Europe in 2015.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?366431-Ship-Your-Bike-to-Geneva-or-Barcelona-2015

It is not solely for UKGSer members, but this will be the only online advert I plan to run for it.... so this thread will be a point of information, but make sure to pm or email me if interested.

General outline for Geneva bike transport 2015

2 x 45ft artic trailers will be available for this trip to Geneva, each has a capacity of 18 bikes with a restriction of 6 BMW GSAs per trailer. (3rd trailer will be available if all 36 places can be filled)
More information on how the loading works, individual loading times and were it takes place will be communicated out closer to the load date.

Transport
Saturday 11th July Load the bikes in Belfast (if the 3rd trailer is utilised then one will load on Friday 10th July PM).
Thursday/Friday 16-17th July Bikes will arrive in Geneva on Thursday evening and will be available then or Friday morning depending on individual travel plans.
Thursday 23rd July The bikes will be required to be back at the trucks for loading between 6 – 8pm that evening, a more detailed breakdown of individual loading times will be communicated closer to the time.
Sunday 26th July Bikes will be available for collection in Belfast from 10am – 12.30pm.

Flights
Aer Lingus Dublin to Geneva to be booked by each person. Dates for flying out are Thursday 16th or Friday 17th July (EI680) depending on how soon you want to start your adventure! I would recommend flying out on the 16th so you are fresh to start your trip on Friday morning.
Return on Friday 24th (EI681).
The flight schedule is now released so book early to avoid disappointment. Currently a return flight 16th + 24th is Euro 175.
If using the above flights, airport transfer can be arranged to the hotel.

Hotel
The hotel were the trucks will be parked is the Novotel Geneva airport France.
Once you have your flight plans in place please book the relevant night’s accommodation required through me as the hotel will be offering preferential rates for a group booking. (Price TBA)

Cost
£380 per bike, a deposit of £180 to be paid by 1st Nov to secure your place, this will be based on a first come first served basis and a reserve list will then operate. The balance of £200 is to be paid by 1st April 2015

Interested in going? Contact me and I will forward you an information pack.

Loading, as stated is on 11th July.... right in the middle of the silly season here in Belfast, but our friends from across the border will be away again long before the bonfires get lit.

This time the trucks will be heading via Rosslare. If there is enough interest and a suitable location found, in theory there is a possibility of some of the Southern bikes being dropped off somewhere between the ferry and the border to save a trip to Belfast on the Sunday for some of the riders. ( This will be decided nearer the time after numbers etc considered)

And the takers are:-

Betty Swollocks
Yosarian
David McClean
Hutchy

(Those on the Geneva list on thread 1 should have emails from me to see if they are still wishing to be on the new list)

From Johnty In Portadown . Sent you a messsge last night .Dont use this site much ! Did you get it ?

From Johnty In Portadown . Sent you a messsge last night .Dont use this site much ! Did you get it ?

Yes mate.... tried to reply from my iphone and think it didnt send, but have re-sent from the home computer.

Phone number included if you want more info

Stevie

It was good speaking to you Johnty

List as of tonight.....

1. Betty Swollocks
2. Yosarian
3. David McClean
4. Hutchy
5. Paul Murray
6. Johnty
7. Jockser
8. Brent
9. Mike H

(Those on the Geneva list on thread 1 should have emails from me to see if they are still wishing to be on the new list)

1. Betty Swollocks
2. Yosarian
3. David McClean
4. Hutchy
5. Paul Murray
6. Johnty
7. Jockser
8. Brent
9. Mike H
10. Dakar

Welcome aboard Dave!

Dakar has kindly offered the use of his business premises near Dublin Airport....... we now have the option of bikes being offloaded at a secure location beside Dublin Airport on the return leg if that helps anyone.

Glad to be along :) Flights booked, and just booked a hotel in Livigno for the week....:aidan... roll on the (next) summer :)

So book Hotel Alpi for 17th Arrival and Depart 23rd?

Those dates are certainly doable , i don't think all the guys using the transport are heading up to Livigno, I would suggest you PM those who have shown an interest on here to see what there plans are ! its your adventure.

Later flight available!

Folks, not sure that this was initially available, but Aer Lingus now has a flight out to Geneva at a more respectable hour of 12.40 and arriving at 15.50. (Flight EI 684 )

I have just changed my outgoing to this at an extra cost of 40 Euro. It means I get a night's sleep before heading off as the bus from Belfast was about 3am to get me there on time.

BS

Updated List.

1. Betty Swollocks
2. Yosarian
3. David McClean
4. Hutchy
5. Paul Murray
6. Shuck Raider / Jockser
7. Brent
8. Mike H
9. Dakar
10. Ken Fearn
11. William Harvey

Another 2 names to be added later and interest from a group of up to 6 bikes..... So if anybody else is sitting in the wings, get a move on.
Remember, maximum of 6 GSAs per trailer.

Back
Top Bottom