6. Shuck Raider / Jockser
7. Brent
8. Mike H
9. Dakar
10. Ken Fearn
11. William Harvey
12. John Twigg
13. Samuel Twigg

Still some interest from a group of up to 6 bikes..... So if anybody else is sitting in the wings, get a move on.
Remember, maximum of 6 GSAs per trailer.

Christmas has been and gone.

Credit cards being surveyed and I've had a few more enquiries about this now the New Year has arrived.

Two New takers, tonight...... One more asked to be added to the list , so a space has been reserved pending payment....

1. Betty Swollocks
2. Yosarian
3. David McClean
4. Hutchy
5. Paul Murray
7. Brent
8. Mike H
9. Dakar
10. Ken Fearn
11. William Harvey
12. John Twigg
13. Samuel Twigg
14. Joanne B
15. Pat G
16. (pending)

Only 2 spaces left on the first truck. 18 bikes per trailer!

Had an enquiry before Christmas looking to reserve a definate group of 5 or 6. (Still no deposit, so still not on this list )

Andy has had more enquiries from his own Club, for possible late joiners in January, but truck 2 will be run on a reserve list, untill enough riders are found to fill it.

At present we have 2 or 3 spaces in truck 1, which is a definite go'er.

I know a few watchers are still out there. So if you are still sitting on the fence, don't miss out on a definate space in truck 1!

Last edited:
I hope to meet some of you at the Photo Rally Prize night in Athlone next month. I have the hotel booked - should be a good night! :beerjug:

Steve,the hotel in Geneva, do we book that direct or through you?

Cheers

Steve,the hotel in Geneva, do we book that direct or through you?

Cheers

Dave.... the word doc you completed and returned to me had options for hotel on it....

I have you down as requiring a single room in Novotel Geneva Airport (where the trucks are delivering and collecting the bikes) on the 16th and 23rd of July... Let me know if this is incorrect as I am in contact with the hotel.

For the info of anyone else already booked or watching the thread.... there is a new manager in the hotel who is using myself as the point of contact for our group. They have agreed a rate of Euro 98 Single or 108 double, B&B. (plus tax at 1.27 pp)
This is no big saving, but last year I booked with Booking.com for a similar price to the rate we were getting, but got no breakfast and had issues with airport transfers. Others missed out all together, as the hotel was later fully booked.

Rooms booked through myself will come with a free airport transfer on the day of arrival if you are staying that night..... if staying there after dropping our bike off at the end of the trip , then free airport transport next morning.

You can see the airport fence a few hundred metres away, but the first time we ran this we got stung for a taxi fare in the region of 40 Euro, because it comes through no-mans land (walking is not an option) and the taxi has to cross an international border from Switzerland into the France.
(for those who don't know.... Geneva airport straddles 2 countries. You have the option of exiting arrivals lounge in either Switzerland or France. )

For those not staying on first night... on the 2014 trip we negotiated a deal to have a mini-bus drop us off at the Novotel for 5 Euro each.... So don't be worrying about the big taxi fare, we have it covered.

I may however be asking for cash at Dublin airport or a paypal before we leave as a few miserable barstewards sneaked on the bus without paying

Dave.... the word doc you completed and returned to me had options for hotel on it....

I have you down as requiring a single room in Novotel Geneva Airport (where the trucks are delivering and collecting the bikes) on the 16th and 23rd of July... Let me know if this is incorrect as I am in contact with the hotel.

Perfect Steve.. Spot on!!

Christmas has been and gone.

Credit cards being surveyed and I've had a few more enquiries about this now the New Year has arrived.

Two New takers, tonight...... One more asked to be added to the list , so a space has been reserved pending payment....

1. Betty Swollocks
2. Yosarian
3. David McClean
4. Hutchy
5. Paul Murray
7. Brent
8. Mike H
9. Dakar
10. Ken Fearn
11. William Harvey
12. John Twigg
13. Samuel Twigg
14. Joanne B
15. Pat G
16. Martin B

Only 2 spaces left on the first truck. 18 bikes per trailer!

Number 16 confirmed and deposit paid!

Belfast Flyers, (Andy's Club) have taken 3 spaces today and looking like they will be wanting more in the coming weeks.

Also mgpaulie of this site has taken 3 spaces with the strong possibility of a couple more mates looking a spot, so truck 1 is filled and truck 2 well on it's way to being filled.

The option of a 3rd truck is now off the table and it will be 2 trucks in all. 18 bikes per truck. Remember, this is transport only, so everyone heads off and has their own adventure.

Also, the last few takers have informed me that Aer Lingus is having a sale at present.... been on a while so not gonna last much longer, but return flights currently under Euro 150 including fees!

Truck 1.

1. Betty Swollocks
2. Yosarian
3. David McClean
4. Hutchy
5. Paul Murray
7. Brent
8. Mike H
9. Dakar
10. Ken Fearn
11. William Harvey
12. John Twigg
13. Samuel Twigg
14. Joanne B
15. Pat G
16. Martin B
17. Belfast Flyers
18. Belfast Flyers

Truck 2

1. Belfast Flyers
2. mgpaulie
3. mgpaulie's mate
4. mgpaulie's other mate

Belfast Flyers, (Andy's Club) have taken 3 spaces today and looking like they will be wanting more in the coming weeks.

Also mgpaulie of this site has taken 3 spaces with the strong possibility of a couple more mates looking a spot, so truck 1 is filled and truck 2 well on it's way to being filled.

The option of a 3rd truck is now off the table and it will be 2 trucks in all. 18 bikes per truck. Remember, this is transport only, so everyone heads off and has their own adventure.

Also, the last few takers have informed me that Aer Lingus is having a sale at present.... been on a while so not gonna last much longer, but return flights currently under Euro 150 including fees!

Truck 1.

1. Betty Swollocks
2. Yosarian
3. David McClean
4. Hutchy
5. Paul Murray
7. Brent
8. Mike H
9. Dakar
10. Ken Fearn
11. William Harvey
12. John Twigg
13. Samuel Twigg
14. Joanne B
15. Pat G
16. Martin B
17. Belfast Flyers
18. Belfast Flyers

Truck 2

1. Belfast Flyers
2. mgpaulie
3. mgpaulie's mate
4. mgpaulie's other mate
5. mgpaulie's other other mate

mgpaulie just booked and paid for another spot on truck 2!

Updated list.......

we have another taker, welcome aboard Sven!

Truck 1.

1. Betty Swollocks
2. Yosarian
3. David McClean
4. Hutchy
5. Paul Murray
7. Brent
8. Mike H
9. Dakar
10. Ken Fearn
11. William Harvey
12. John Twigg
13. Samuel Twigg
14. Joanne B
15. Pat G
16. Martin B
17. Belfast Flyers
18. Belfast Flyers

Truck 2

1. Belfast Flyers
2. mgpaulie
3. mgpaulie's mate
4. mgpaulie's other mate
5. mgpaulie's other other mate
6. Sven-E

Belfast Flyers (the club Andy is secretary of ) is holding their AGM next week and there will be an offer of remaining spaces at the meeting.

Andy anticipates quite some interest, as they have have hugely supported the 2 previous trips.

And just to clarify, the 24 names above are all paid up and 100% on board..... not just possibles, in case anyone is sitting in the wings.

BS

Updated list.......

Truck 1.

1. Betty Swollocks
2. David McClean
3. Yosarian
4. Dakar
5. Mike H
6. Brent
7. Paul Murray
8. William Harvey
9. Hutchy
10. Ken Fearn
11. Shuck Raider / Jockser
12. John Twigg
13. Samuel Twigg
14. Pat G
15. Joanne B
16. Martin Breen
17. Sven-E
18. Belfast Flyers

Truck 2

1. mgpaulie
2. Michael Gill
3. John Coyle
4. Davy McLaughlin
5. Belfast Flyers
6. Belfast Flyers

Belfast Flyers (the club Andy is secretary of ) is holding their AGM next week and there will be an offer of remaining spaces at the meeting.

Andy anticipates quite some interest, as they have have hugely supported the 2 previous trips.

And just to clarify, the 24 names above are all paid up and 100% on board..... not just possibles, in case anyone is sitting in the wings.

BS

I've re-arranged the list to put it in the same order as the spreadsheets I'm using at my end..... I was starting to get confused.

DUBLIN UPDATE

Dakar has kindly offered the use of secure premises near Dublin airport, which will be used as a 2nd pick-up point.

Plan is, the trucks stop in Dublin on Tuesday 14th July, collect the Dublin bikes and head on down to Rosslare. They will be dropped off again at the same location on the way home.

Dakar has pointed out the premises are alarmed etc, but bikes left there at own risk. Without wanting to state the company name here, I'd happily leave my bike with them.
PM me or Dakar if you need more info or want to know exactly where they are.

So, this might make the trip a bit more attractive for some riders..... share the word.

BS

Welcome aboard.... Pm'd you re email address to send docs.

Yosarian showed me a cracking set of laminated biker maps he bought of an Italian bike site....

Gonna get me some this year.

www.motoroute.it

BS

Updated list.......

Truck 1.

1. Betty Swollocks
2. David McClean
3. Yosarian
4. Dakar
5. Mike H
6. Brent
7. Paul Murray
8. William Harvey
9. Hutchy
10. Ken Fearn
11. Shuck Raider / Jockser
12. John Twigg
13. Samuel Twigg
14. Pat G
15. Joanne B
16. Martin Breen
17. Sven-E
18. Marcopol

Truck 2

1. mgpaulie
2. Michael Gill
3. John Coyle
4. Davy McLaughlin
5. Belfast Flyers
6. Belfast Flyers
7. Belfast Flyers

Welcome aboard marcopol! Stuck you in at the end of truck 1, to keep the flyers together.

I was planning on heading to Andermatt to do a few passes, then Livigno, Lienz - Austria, Lech - Austria, then Zermatt and back to Geneva for trailer

This works out about 200 miles most days, except for Lech to Zermatt which will be over 300 miles

Maybe its a bit adventurous for a first european trip?

Heading to Livigno, and using it as a base to explore the passes and the surrounding countryside... got a good deal on a hotel, and saves carrying loads of baggage every day :)

Bones of the plan is too Initially head south to do the RDGA (Route de Grande Alps) to the coast, then heading along the coast towards Bologna /Modena and visit Guzzi / Ducati / Ferrari Factories, then heading northwards into Switzerland to do a few passes, then back to Geneva. A bit of an anticlockwise round trip.

Back
Top Bottom