So my RT has lost £5k in 11 months!

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Didn't think the RT would loose so much value, but when I walked into a main dealer and asked about a new LE with all the bells and whistles, he offered me £9k for my 2013 R1200RT SE with dynamic pack, audio and TPM.

That is a whole lot of depreciation, and as you can imagine, means I'll be sticking with the 2013 model for a while yet.

There is nothing wrong with my current bike, just curious about the LE's and thought that the temporary lull in sales might be something they wanted to try and help with an incentive.

They say no deals on new bikes RTs but in the US they are giving a Navigator 5 away with any new RT taken in 2014.

Shame really as I would have been happy to buy a new model there and then!

If there are any enterprising dealers out there, please PM me!

Erm You lost the thick end of three grand when you rode out of the dealers on day one Courtesy of the tax man

£5k would buy a pretty nice bike outright and you'd only lose about £1k a year on it maximum, but I guess if you have it to spend, then spend it ;)

We look at buying new cars or bikes at the end of a month or a quarter, if a salesman is behind on his targets, he may offer you more.

The week before Christmas two years ago got us a good deal.

We look at buying new cars or bikes at the end of a month or a quarter, if a salesman is behind on his targets, he may offer you more.

The week before Christmas two years ago got us a good deal.

Your dead right there, I brought a 59 plate GSA brand new from caterham for £11.600 my pal paid 12.400 from cannons Braintree, more or less at the same time when he asked why his was more they said I brought mine at the end of the month.

Salesman just called, my bike is worth £11k if I take one of their stock bikes in ebony.

It's a nice colour but I wanted a satin grey one, so have declined.

It was a northern dealer who (IMHO) normally have sharper pencils when making deals than their southern counterparts, but on this occasion looks like the cash is staying in my pocket

Not to worry, the 2013 RT is still a lovely bike and every bit as much fun for me to ride ( not actually ridden the LE yet as they were all out when I had a 6k service).

I'm surprised JB hasn't posted in here, he LOVES these depreciation threads!:p

Make a few phone calls,he is taking the piss at 9k,unless yours has big miles on it?
Mate of mine just got 11k for his against a new bike.
Salesman just called, my bike is worth £11k if I take one of their stock bikes in ebony.

It was a northern dealer who (IMHO) normally have sharper pencils when making deals than their southern counterparts, but on this occasion looks like the cash is staying in my pocket

Not to worry, the 2013 RT is still a lovely bike and every bit as much fun for me to ride ( not actually ridden the LE yet as they were all out when I had a 6k service).

Erm You lost the thick end of three grand when you rode out of the dealers on day one Courtesy of the tax man

It's that pesky vat:eek:

The price of a second-hand bike is surely pegged at what the average person is expecting as a reduction over buying new?

The bike could be cheaper than new, by anywhere between £2k and £6k.............. How can that be VAT which is a fixed rate?

Al

I'm going to pop into Fairbairns Inverness to have a word with the salesman, I'll report back, mines 2013 SE with everything except radio. It has 7,000 miles on it in excellent nick, I'm off to Spain next Saturday on it.

Take the deal, I'm happy to paint it in any colour you want for a lot less than £2k!!!

I'm surprised JB hasn't posted in here, he LOVES these depreciation threads!:p

£5k .....the blokes having his trousers pulled down in a year old bike

They're pulling his pisser......royally

But it's what dealers do in 2014 with all those overheads

Money, money, money ....... :blast

They get their cash from servicing, it costs more than double (for a minor service) what it costs for my pickup truck for a major service.

I don't mind paying for quality, as my ex wives can testify....

Offered £6000 on a 3 yrs old r1200gsa (cost £13,000) , 14000 miles and fsh with luggage against a £16500 r1200gsa

Blackal;3900119]The price of a second-hand bike is surely pegged at what the average person is expecting as a reduction over buying new?

The bike could be cheaper than new, by anywhere between £2k and £6k.............. How can that be VAT which is a fixed rate?

Al[/QUOTE]

Vat plus depreciation what the depreciation is depends on what the robbing b######d decides he can have you over for,
You must be better off to buy 2nd hand maybe.:confused:

VAT doesn't come in to it.

Instead of calling it VAT............. Call it "wheels"

It's just another constituent part of the bike as a whole.

Al

Back
Top Bottom