After the referendum

Not from Yorkshire - we have stunning empty roads all the way north to John O'Groats and we don't have to touch a motorway to get there :p

Aye, not convinced about the roads south of you, they seem big, busy and straight generally

...and it's 500 odd miles north on some of the most crowded, shitty, godawful motorways in the world, or 650 miles south on great roads in the sun to the alps :nenau

it's a toughie alright :green gri

Well they're your shitty roads, you're welcome to them. No motorways in the Highlands :rolleyes:

Who the hell wants to go South of Morpeth anyway. Except to get the ferry at North Shields to Holland.

Who the hell wants to go South of Morpeth anyway. Except to get the ferry at North Shields to Holland.

Erm, the Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire Moors, Trough of Bowland and the Lake District are all beautiful areas to explore - just don't go south of the M62 (unless heading into Wales or Devon/Cornwall) - in fact, that'd make a good new border :D

I heard what I thought was a good phrase for us all;
"This is a choice between a leap of faith, or a leap into the dark"
You way up what you have heard and then you place your cross on what you see is the best thing for you, family, and everyone in Scotland.
Clearly given it is so close there are many compelling points that sway us one way or the other.
Whatever the end result, we will also be judged how we deal with it afterwards.
I think we will pick ourselves up and get on with it.
After all -Wha's Like Us? Damn Few And They're A' Deid.:beerjug:

Well they're your shitty roads, you're welcome to them. No motorways in the Highlands :rolleyes:

the point is, i avoid them and go south :blast

you might need to use them to get to the ferries that go somewhere warm though :)

the point is, i avoid them and go south :blast

you might need to use them to get to the ferries that go somewhere warm though :)

I actually avoided them once going to the Santander ferry, stayed largely east of the M74 and west of the M6, went through some good places and stayed in two (with good pubs). Only problem was how busy the wee roads were, lot of people down there

Erm, the Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire Moors, Trough of Bowland and the Lake District are all beautiful areas to explore - just don't go south of the M62 (unless heading into Wales or Devon/Cornwall) - in fact, that'd make a good new border :D

Don't forget parts of Cheshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire, there's some good biking roads down through the welsh borders as well.

Don't forget parts of Cheshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire, there's some good biking roads down through the welsh borders as well.

That's the way I head down to the Plymouth ferry :beerjug:

I think change will will include a change of moderator for the Scotland section as we could not have a jockie foreigner having mod rights.

Clarification that when a member post 'we' we make a note that it does not to include them unless it says 'we plus those in Scotland'

We may want to consider charging advertising rates to continue having a Scottish section and I know we don't charge the French but I pretty sure the French do not use that as a political platform.

Lastly I would want to know that subscriptions from those in Scotland are paid in Sterling I don't want to be subsidising them because they've paid us with some worthless Congolese based currency

I love this forum !!

What will happen when Scotland's oil runs out?

Ask England.... Theirs runs out tomorrow

What will happen when Scotland's oil runs out?

Ask England.... Theirs runs out tomorrow

As above ... Why I love this forum!

More seriously, I spoke to a NO voting pal tonight who related a couple of examples of unacceptable behaviour by YES supporters. I've seen none of this myself but then again, I'm not a No supporter. I do hope that, whatever the result, we can come together and move forward. If it's YES then we need a constitutional convention to include as many points of view as possible. if it's a NO then then the UK Labour Party needs to take heed and move towards a far more radical approach to changing the status quo within the UK.

As above ... Why I love this forum!

More seriously, I spoke to a NO voting pal tonight who related a couple of examples of unacceptable behaviour by YES supporters. I've seen none of this myself but then again, I'm not a No supporter. I do hope that, whatever the result, we can come together and move forward. If it's YES then we need a,constitutional convention to include as many points of view as,possible. if it's a NO then themUK Labour Party needs,to take heed and move towards a far more radical approach to changing the status quo within the various parts of the UK.

Difficult when the indie nutters have used every opportunity to contrive division and discord for the last 6 months. But ye reap what ye sow!

Said with your usual positivity Gerry.

When we have a binary option only, there is bound to be division. It was the UK government which insisted on this by refusing to allow a devo max third option.

Back
Top Bottom