After the referendum

Pay attention Gerry. I have never said that I am a nationalist. The referendum was an opportunity to ditch UK governments not supported by anything other than a tiny minority of Scots. That could as easily have been achieved by a Devo Max solution as by independence. However, the ballot did not allow that possibility so a YES was the only possible choice. What the people of the various parts of the UK need is radical political and constitutional change such as we have not seen since 1945. If that comes about after this referendum then I'll be happy.

The good news is that after losing the vote (YouGov "99% certain" of NO victory), the bookies have Salmond 2/1 to quit within 48 hours of the result. A serious question: does anyone on the 'Yes' side actually like the guy?

Interesting quote from Conservative MP John Redwood; that, if there is a "No" victory, "every power that goes to Scotland must be matched by the same power coming to England". Good point. Why not?

After the vote next week, whichever way it goes, can we get back to normal in here?

Talking shite and not ripping folks heads off for having different opinions

Can't fekin wait for it to be over, stop all the shite on tv, radio, bike forums, workplace, pub, whatever. I fully appreciate the importance and enormity. Still be good when it's done.

Once again

Back to normal what was it all about? Freends are freends. One of the cousins lads voted yes but we just hugged anyway. Back to normal.

We have to kiss and make up. Get att with his irrepressible tact in language to make up a suitable spiel on coming back together with no hard feelings etc. Any way it's all over and back to its a mans world again!!!!

A great vote for common sense, now it has been said where is that Toddy..................no doubt the same place as wee Eck.

Shinyface

A great vote for common sense,

Ahh yes, "common sense" - a term used to describe the beliefs of people similar to yours. Apart from that, it has no real meaning. It's certainly not "common" when at least 44.7% disagreed with the result and that's before any further investigation into the allegations of vote rigging and taking into account anyone who wanted to vote yes but were scared into voting no by unionist propaganda and scare tactics.

Ahh yes, "common sense" - a term used to describe the beliefs of people similar to yours. Apart from that, it has no real meaning. It's certainly not "common" when at least 44.7% disagreed with the result and that's before any further investigation into the allegations of vote rigging and taking into account anyone who wanted to vote yes but were scared into voting no by unionist propaganda and scare tactics.

An articulate sore loser....just what we want :D

Back
Top Bottom