After the referendum

Ahh yes, "common sense" - a term used to describe the beliefs of people similar to yours. Apart from that, it has no real meaning. It's certainly not "common" when at least 44.7% disagreed with the result and that's before any further investigation into the allegations of vote rigging and taking into account anyone who wanted to vote yes but were scared into voting no by unionist propaganda and scare tactics.

I suspect north of 90% of the total unions population agree with it so that would make it very common sense...

An articulate sore loser....just what we want :D

Quite....interesting that facts and opinions you disagree with are 'propaganda'....and what 55% of the electorate think is not common....

I think you'll find that those 55% don't need you to tell them what common-sense is.

Yes but it's none of their business.

....first, thank you for agreeing with my logic.

Your comment though does not change the fact that it's quite likley that a very large number of the total unions population agree with it which means it must be very common sense...

And of course it's their business, the vote was your vote but the outcome affects all so everyone's view of the outcome is valid.

...it's comments like yours and the perception it creates that cost you the vote.

...it's comments like yours and the perception it creates that cost you the vote.

You clearly inhabit a strange fantasy world. What cost Scotland the vote was the scaremongering tactics of the Better Together campaign plus the fact that a signficant proportion of the electorate are too right-wing for their or anyone else's good or believe that somehow there'll be a resurgence in Labour Party fortunes which will save the day or have no social conscience or have irrational loyalty to queen and country. Would you like me to draw you a venn diagram....?

Ahh yes, "common sense" - a term used to describe the beliefs of people similar to yours. Apart from that, it has no real meaning. It's certainly not "common" when at least 44.7% disagreed with the result and that's before any further investigation into the allegations of vote rigging and taking into account anyone who wanted to vote yes but were scared into voting no by unionist propaganda and scare tactics.

What a lot of bollocks, the country has spoken wake up and deal with the result, vote rigging my arse.............is that why he has resigned , who was doing the rigging ?
There is no future in attempting to be divisive in a country that wants to be united, just because you don`t agreed with the result doesn`t mean the result is invalid because of " propaganda " or any other scare tactics..............you will just have to live with it.

plus the fact that a signficant proportion of the electorate are too right-wing for their or anyone else's good /QUOTE]

Do you read what you post?

Your suggesting you lost the vote because some voters in your opinion did not think like you think, it would seem that you are suggesting they where not qualified to vote!

What a lot of bollocks, the country has spoken wake up and deal with the result, vote rigging my arse.............is that why he has resigned , who was doing the rigging ?
There is no future in attempting to be divisive in a country that wants to be united, just because you don`t agreed with the result doesn`t mean the result is invalid because of " propaganda " or any other scare tactics..............you will just have to live with it.

A good "common sense" view of the world there, ehh....? :rolleyes:

plus the fact that a signficant proportion of the electorate are too right-wing for their or anyone else's good /QUOTE]

Do you read what you post?

Your suggesting you lost the vote because some voters in your opinion did not think like you think, it would seem that you are suggesting they where not qualified to vote!

They certainly didn't have the correct qualifications to vote yes. Of course, they don't think like me. If everyone did, we'd have a 100% vote in favour of Independence, we'd be rejoicing in the streets and the UK Government would now be crapping themselves because they'd no longer be able to mortgage Scotland's oil against the UK national debt. That's what 44% of the Scottish population voted in favour of. However, I also accept that unless you grew up in this country and understand the concerns of a significant percentage of the population, you're unlikely to ever understand what it's really all about.

Only your biased view of this little world, and of course someone who doesn`t agree with your view..............any evidence of the rigging then ? or is that your bit of scare mongering.

Only your biased view of this little world, and of course someone who doesn`t agree with your view..............any evidence of the rigging then ? or is that your bit of scare mongering.

Go and Google it and find out for yourself. There are some videos that would suggest there is evidence and there are some that are presented as being evidence and clearly aren't. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find that Westminster was unwilling to adhere to the democratic process. On the the other hand it might just be another conspiracy theory.

Go and Google it and find out for yourself. There are some videos that would suggest there is evidence and there are some that are presented as being evidence and clearly aren't. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find that Westminster was unwilling to adhere to the democratic process. On the the other hand it might just be another conspiracy theory.

Is it a coincidence that this " vote rigging " allegations were in Glasgow and Dundee and low and behold they were two places that voted yes..................or it could be of course that the counting officers were " placed " there by Westminster..................get over it and enjoy whatever future we have left.

However, I also accept that unless you grew up in this country and understand the concerns of a significant percentage of the population, you're unlikely to ever understand what it's really all about.

... It think you mean understand from your perspective, the bit that you're missing is that it's not just from your perspective that counts - Mine and other peoples perspective when it comes to what could affect the union is just as valid as yours.

That said I do try and understand the views of others and what's helped shaped them, this forum has been a good source of that insight. However, I also accept that those that don't want to consider any view other than those like theirs would not understand that.

Mine and other peoples perspective when it comes to what could affect the union is just as valid as yours.

Only as an intellectual exercise. You didn't have a vote this time and there's no logical reason to suggest that you will next time. Yes, of course as and when we achieve Independence, it'll have an effect on England and most likely Northern Ireland and Wales as well but perhaps as Edvard Munch has been suggesting tonight, England needs to get off its collective arse and do something about Westminster rather than leaving all the hard work to Scotland.

Why do so many people in Scotland become so emotional about independence? - because after all is said and done that is what it's all about to the hard liners. I remember working with an Electronics Technician in the 1970s who had come down from Glasgow to work in Cambridgeshire - he was an angry young man (older than me at the time) all Braveheart stuff, I just didn't get it then and still don't now.

Back
Top Bottom