Bash Plate Options - Any Suggestions?

TomBoyNI

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can't recommend BMW's own bash plate highly enough :thumb

OK it's not cheap, but it's certainly good value :D

It fits, it looks great, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. It's really easy to remove for oil changing etc. everything else fits.

Had mine on from new and at 110,000 later it has been worth every penny :thumb2

Wunderlich gave me one of theirs (along with other stuff) for the overland trip to Iran, Pakistan and India and it was crap. Needed separate 'add ons' to protect the oil filter and the heat exchanger. Whereas the BMW bash plate has one piece of alloy plate and four nuts, the Wunderlich had, if memory served me right, about 42 separate pieces of spacers, ally plates, nuts, washers, rubber cushions etc. :blast
Within a week of getting home it was off and sold and the original re fitted.

:beerjug:

Never came across the OE one on my searching, but its price is in line with the other two anyway so I will have a look now :)

Thanks

I've got an OEM bashplate that I've taken off my F800GS as I've put a Rugged Roads one on. It's in excellent condition. No dents. It's a bit dirty but I can give it a clean if you want me to. Let me know if you're interested and I'll drop you a PM.

I've got an OEM bashplate that I've taken off my F800GS as I've put a Rugged Roads one on. It's in excellent condition. No dents. It's a bit dirty but I can give it a clean if you want me to. Let me know if you're interested and I'll drop you a PM.

PM'd you

Yes please, send me a PM. I take it it will fit with the OE crashbars on an Adventure?

Back
Top Bottom