Place to mount Action camera on bike

Titto

Reaction score
I have a mobius action camera (I only bought it as it was 35 quid- but it turns out to be a brilliant bit of kit).
I don't want to have it mounted on my helmet, I don't like the extra drag and I look even more of a numpty. But, I do want to secrete it on the bike somewhere at the front preferably, although anywhere front facing would do really.

Does anyone have any tips for mounting where you don't get horrendous vibration etc. I have a wc gs for info. I was even thinking of mounting on the top of one of the panniers.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Mounting on a lower frame or pannier will mostly produce a view of the floor or the riders leg. Not good.
I tried mounting my Drift on the handlebar but got a continuous view of the hedgerow.
Then tried the suction mount on the inside of the screen which worked fairly well & the suction mount didn't budge an inch, even on bumpy Yorkshire roads :)
Bear in mind that the camera will only look forward which also makes for boring footage.

Look at some youtube videos, some positions are unwatchable. Note what makes a really good video - I think Austin Vince does a training course!

I'm still figuring it all out but in my opinion, the best view is at eye level which can only be achieved by mounting it on your helmet or something similar. The weight is neglible & you can't feel any drag.

6yty2ysu.jpg

Fixed to indicator bolt on a ram ball, solid

Sent using Tapatalk

I've put it here today and just tested it for 20 minutes of mixed roads.

I'm really chuffed with it actually, there is hardly any vibration at all and the image quality is fantastic.

Ignore the yellow wire! I've got to work on a better securing wire... It's all I had lying about.

This is stuck straight onto the led light top area, with the 3m sticky pad which comes with the mounting bracket I got off amazon.
Drift Adhesive Mount Kit - £11.99 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ANGJ2H8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
The Mobius itself cost me - £35.00 from Banggood.com, and was delivered within 2 days!

Total cost has been £46.99 so far. I already had a speedy 32GB memory card for it. Im really chuffed with the product for the cost, at least I havent blown £250+ on a GoPro. This thing is tiny, and you can tweak it further with the windows or mac software.

0d30b25679d30f71346867f664e21b18.jpg

90461868a66077d8bf8a98fa47cedcc4.jpg

helmet mount for me.
my body mass acts as the perfect damper for any shots :)

Back
Top Bottom