Unable to refit front shock absorber.

tiktok

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to refit my front shock (2000 1150GS) and I can't get it to marry up with the wishbone mounting lugs.

The top part of the shock is lined up in the mounting hole below the handle bars, but it is touching the top of the plastic cover in front of the alternator.

I have tried this on a stand, on the wheels, what am I missing?

4usu8ene.jpg

The bottom part of the shock is sitting forward of the lugs.

What am I missing?

What, so the thread is pointing down and the eyes are at the top. I don't think that will work either. ;)

No, it's all about the angle and the fact that the shock is fully extended - there must be something else I am missing.

Have you got the rubber isolators fitted the correct way around in the top mount? These allow the shocker to be moved around at the bottom.
Although looking at your photo, it looks like the shocker is mounted through the incorrect hole as suggested by someone else.

er no i didnt mean that,i meant turning it around 180 degrees ,not turning it upside down

It does look as if it's in the wrong hole at the top. Angle's all wrong.

Fit the lower bolt first and see where the top lug sits.

Where we at with this one?. Did he get it fitted.

Where we at with this one?. Did he get it fitted.

He's in hospital having had his bollocks sewn back on after going over a bump and the top of the shock, bolted to the underneath of the OBD plate shooting upwards, sending his sweetmeats into the hedge :D

Sweet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom