Another Multi bike malarky

I've got 5 bikes insured with Peter James Insurance. 0121 506 6040. My third year with them, £127 fully comp with £50 excess. Worth a try?

http://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk/index.php/products/modern-motorcycles

WTF has happened to Ebike, my renewal came up and I couldn't get on the site to renew, I called them and they said to use the website and rung up.
I have three bikes covered with CN now but the other four the quote was high with CN, so I may give Peter James a call tomorrow.

I was with Adelaide for 6 years until there prices started creeping up, and they started asking me to get a quote elsewhere and they would try to match it, to much bother so changed, but all in all never had any problems with them, and they always phoned back. Infact i do believe i still have my car insurance with them.

My policy was with Carole Nash, it expired 22/11/14 so I thought I'd get a quote from Adelaide - it saved me £70 so I went ahead & gave them my business.
Even though I'd cancelled before the renewal date, Carole Nash went ahead & took the premium off my card anyway. I've been chasing them since 22/11 and they've still not refunded my payment - I'm now following their complaints procedure.
I'll never go with them again - my impression is that, now I'm not giving them my business, they're not that interested in resolving the issue.

Try Adelaide based in Belfast, they do special rates for IAM members also, if you are so inclined. Just renewed my multi-bike for R1200GSA and K75S for £135 including legal cover.

Got a quote from these guys, ( £175 for my RT and VFR750 including helmet and leathers cover, legal cover). Was going to take that policy so I called my current provider to cancel the automatic DD renewal, (£223 without the H&L cover), and they matched the cover and beat the price by a couple of quid. Seems like their is still plenty of fat on prices even though rates are supposed to have come down sharply....

Adelaide

Well I was happy with Adelaide when I renewed last month - but last week I wanted to add another bike to the policy and got stung with what feels like an excessive charge.............£78 for a lower group bike than others on the policy.
Apparently to add a bike, they take 2% of the bike's value + IPT & that's what you pay. Unless it's a higher group bike then you pay accordingly.:mad:

Not saying Adelaide are bad- they were spot on when I called, rang back when they said they would etc etc..

They told me to get a price off MCN compare and then ask them to match it. They need a MCN Ref No to allow them to do it, they then told me they could add another bike for £29.95.. which is how the price came to be so 'keen'

IAM Surety

I've been taken to the cleaners by Adelaide / Cornmarket / IAM Surety when I added an R1200RT to my policy this month, they took another £145 on top of £300 in total already paid to them.
They come in cheap to buy our business, then make it all up and more for any changes.
Needless to say, I'll be looking elsewhere at renewal.

BENNETTS INSURANCE

After being refused a mid term policy adjustment by Bennetts, having sold 2 bikes and wanting to add 2 that I'd replaced them with, on what was supposed to be a multi-bike policy (think they were frightened off by my K1600GT) and after trying all the usual suspects, but concluding I wanted to be with Ageas, as they will do a Green Card for Morocco, I eventually, after 2 days ringing around, went with Principal Insurance (recommended above) who provided great service.:beerjug:

Took three attempts to get a decent price from CN, but on the third attempt the guy went through all 5 bikes in detail and came up with a cracking quote, £370 for all 5 FC. That's a blackbird, pan European, two GSs and a bandit12.

I very nearly gave in before that call and got right to the last official statements with Cornmarket when they said the 'not insured on your drive or up to half mile from home if left unattended out of the garage' bit. At which point I stopped it, checked the same thing with bikesure and dumped them too, hence the third attempt with CN which then ended up about £50 cheaper in the end, and the bikes only have to be in the garage at night.

(think they were frightened off by my K1600GT)

Interesting, I've just tried to get a price for adding a K16GTLE to my existing multibike insurance & Aviva have declined to price unless I add a Thatcham approved alarm/immobiliser to the bike. Not the end of the world of course but I'm surprised that the insurance companies seem to consider the bikes such a potential risk.

Interesting, I've just tried to get a price for adding a K16GTLE to my existing multibike insurance & Aviva have declined to price unless I add a Thatcham approved alarm/immobiliser to the bike. Not the end of the world of course but I'm surprised that the insurance companies seem to consider the bikes such a potential risk.

Stand easy. The bike I'm interested in has a BMW alarm & the dealer is happy to fit Datatag FOC, Aviva are happy with this & will now insure the bike but at quite a considerable sum - £77 for 3 months added to the broker's £25 fee for changing the policy.
It's very expensive, given that that one quote for the bike on it's own with zero excess, minus the security bits, was £300 for 12 months but this at least means I can get the bike road legal & then start looking at my options when my premium is up for renewal in May.

Sounds like sound plan Bill��

http://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk/index.php/products/modern-motorcycles

WTF has happened to Ebike, my renewal came up and I couldn't get on the site to renew, I called them and they said to use the website and rung up.
I have three bikes covered with CN now but the other four the quote was high with CN, so I may give Peter James a call tomorrow.

Ebike's website was hacked so it was temporarily taken offline for repairs. It's been many months now though... I ditched them for some lot called Grove & Dean, decent price for initial cover but stiffed me with a £50 charge to change bikes. Come renewal time they can stick it, I'll be going elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom