Another Multi bike malarky

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been with Ebike for 9 years but this year its gone from £260 for 4 bikes to nudging £400, spoken to them and they make no excuses and say they have had to change the way they do policies and this has led to increases which are loosing them lots of customers but nothing they can do :mad:
so compared the meercat (no multibike option ?)and called CN / MCE / Bikesure , no one wants to insure my SP2 which as I explained is a 12 year old sports bike :nenau so gone for SP2 on a separate policy, the other 4 are a 14 reg explorer and 3 snotters of approx. £2k a piece , CN want nearly £400 FC (only £11 diff for TPFT) .

Any others you would recommend trying as I'm running out of time, Steptoe got a good deal :eek:

Try Adelaide based in Belfast, they do special rates for IAM members also, if you are so inclined. Just renewed my multi-bike for R1200GSA and K75S for £135 including legal cover.

I went from 3 bikes on a multi bike to insuring each one individually, saved over £200 event though two of the bikes had to have no no claims and I put my no claims on the highest group bike, you can't split your no claims to each bike.

I went from 3 bikes on a multi bike to insuring each one individually, saved over £200 event though two of the bikes had to have no no claims and I put my no claims on the highest group bike, you can't split your no claims to each bike.

And that way each bike earns NCB every year too

I have found it harder and harder to even get quotes over recent years. I have five bikes including one with a relatively high insurance group and a scooter. Lots of companies won't insure more than four bikes, some wont quote because of the high insurance group bike, and some of those that would quote on that, wouldn't quote because of the scooter. Looked at splitting the policy, but that was way more expensive. I have max no claims and no endorsements or fault claims and don't live in London or some such den of criminals.

I had started down that route and got a single quote for my dirt bike and sp2 (£84 & £94 :nenau) I may continue and see how it pans out.
tried Adelaide (now Cornmarket) website twice but it just comes back with "we will contact you nearer your expiry date" even after I put in tomorrow :augie
Bikesure were to come back to me before 12 yesterday and nothing.

Will to live loosing as Yoda would say

The problem with insurance these days is that you have to deal with either a standardised computer system or an individual in a call centre who just works from a crib sheet. Are there still any high street brokers out there, at least many of them knew what they were talking about?

well as an update, CN gave me a good quote with some additions which were great, Hastings direct did 3 policies and have come in the best value, our friends in Belfast contacted me Wed night @ 7pm :blast but have called this morning and are working on their price.

still gonna be nudging £400 though:(

Lots of companies won't insure more than four bikes....

More often than not, that is down to nothing more than the brokers' antiquated software, rather than an insurer's unwillingness to insure five or more vehicles.

Most of the brokers appear to subscribe to the same software package to generate quotes. The IT chimps who designed the software could not imagine anyone having more than four awesome steeds in their stable, so cut the number off at four. The broker chimps cannot do anything beyond respond with "Computer says Yes, computer says No' and biker chimps cannot work out how to get around it. It's a circle of chimps, each chimp more chimpish than the last.

Not spoken to any broker yet who happens to be a biker or knows anything about them, think it would help if they understood what they were quoting for

More often than not, that is down to nothing more than the brokers' antiquated software, rather than an insurer's unwillingness to insure five or more vehicles.

Most of the brokers appear to subscribe to the same software package to generate quotes. The IT chimps who designed the software could not imagine anyone having more than four awesome steeds in their stable, so cut the number off at four. The broker chimps cannot do anything beyond respond with "Computer says Yes, computer says No' and biker chimps cannot work out how to get around it. It's a circle of chimps, each chimp more chimpish than the last.

You Sir are a piss taking comic genius. I'll never be able to buy insurance again without bringing to mind "a circle of chimps, each chimp more chimpish than the last". :clap

Well if anyone is interested I have gone with Adelaide (now Cornmarket) as they offer by far the best quote and cover, also they called me back when they said unlike any of the others. Over the last 9 days I tried:-

Carole Nash, great cover too dear
Hastings direct, didn't ring back, dearer
Bennetts, cheapest Equity Redstar who I wouldn't give the steam off my shit, didn't ring back, wouldn't insure SP2
Bikesure, didn't ring back wouldn't insure SP2
MCN comparison , same as compare the meercat but kept dropping to single bike not multibike
Compare the meercat, pretty good for individual quotes, came in 2nd place
MCE, cant remember but pretty sure they didn't like the SP either, also after reading some comments on other forums I dropped them.

Got me worried now as i have carole nash 6 wheel insurance ie car plus bike. i think i had max no claims on both car and bike before i signed up to one 6 wheel policy so i if i switch from CN err i wonder what happens about the no claims?

All signed up with Cornmarket (Adelaide) Ebike site has been down for nearly 2 weeks :nenau as a web based insurer don't look good, still pissed with them after being with them for 9 years but a £150 hike was taking the piss

I was with Adelaide, but they were getting on my nerves a bit, and they don't do the green card for Maroc.
I re-insured to day with Carol Nash full comp with a modified 1150 gs £127....rock n roll monseuir.:thumb2
The initial renewal came thru with an additional yam xt600 on it, it was an additional 20 quid for the xt600, but I took it off as I sold it a while ago.So all in £127 with breakdown cover and legal assistance.
The policy is with ageas , its a multi bike policy albeit with only one bike.
The quote was quite reasonable so I didn't bother looking round either, that's the way it should be.

Sounds great to me, if the paddys mess me about I will go with Nash as the policy was a good one, they didn't like my SP2 though

I've got 5 bikes insured with Peter James Insurance. 0121 506 6040. My third year with them, £127 fully comp with £50 excess. Worth a try?
Mind you, if they'd seen me falling off the 1100 on my own patio they might jack up the premium. :censor:

Back
Top Bottom