BMW Twat Suits.....

Are they fully waterproof???
I had a rallye pro 3 and yes it kept me dry but that was thanks to the drop liner rather than the outer shell which meant ultimately the jacket was sodden through and i got cold as a result and then spent a long time drying the jacket out and/or creating puddles wherever i stood which is excusable for an air head owner as they do that regardless of the weather

Rallye suit is great for hot climate with the liners able to keep you dry in rain. A good summer suit for Ireland / Europe but not year-round.
I bought a streetguard suit secondhand, very good for Ireland although a little bit warm in the sunny summer.Lately, our HighKings trip deffo needed the streetguard, the Leenane trip would have worked with the rallye.

In a word "No" the logic is that the inner liners stop water getting to the skin in reality the sleeves become full of water a piss into your gloves
Good in hot weather with lots of vents to open, but not an all round British suit

Sent using witchcraft

I'd agree with what's being said. I have a Rallye 2 and has been awesome this summer. Confident to use it on trips knowing if it does rain the liners will keep me dry but for this winter I'll be dusting off the Rukka. Amazing bit of kit and 100% waterproof and warm.

No, even with the liner, but I carry a cheap rain coat and have not had a problem, I love it in summer..

+1 NOT WATERROOF :rob fabulous for fine weather riding.

Thanks gents, good feedback. I picked one up on a recent jaunt to France from a BMW dealers, and it hasn't rained on it since, so thought I would consult the Oracle (s) before I rely solely upon on it's wet weather capabilities (or lack thereof) ahead of my next trip. Back to the Dainese dry suit then. Still saving my loose change up for the Rukka conversion. It may be a while....... :rolleyes: :thumb

Just got the new street guard 4 very good kept me dry as a bone, got fed up of rally suit getting wet and not drying out before putting back on

Sent from my
iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, if you wear a one piece over-suit on top :D

Plus, it'll keep the twat suit from getting soaked, dirty etc.

And one piece over-suits dry pretty quickly.

Waterproof LINERS - who thought that stupid idea up..?

You just end up with a jacket & trousers that are saturated.

And take ages to dry out...

OK, YOU may be dry (maybe), but there's better ways of doing it ;)

Back
Top Bottom