Klim Badlands v/s Rally 4

The warm'n'nsafe one is excellent. Migsel stocks them. I've got the Gen 4 with wireless troller, it's not bulky, variable heat control is great, and is fine to wear off the bike.

Mrs Berin commutes 60 miles a day using one.

Hi Newboy,

Definitely could do with some pockets and that Warm & Safe USA stuff looks good, anyone know if it is?

Slightly off topic, sorry, but I had the Rallye 3 jacket and trousers for summer and a Rukka suit for the winter, using the Warm'n'safe liner for whenever it's cold.

Sold both suits and bought the Rev'it Poseidon jacket & trousers instead. Similar comfort and ventilation as the Rallye but with a GoreTex laminated outer shell, similar to the Rukka, for waterproofing.

Still using the Warm'n'safe heated liner as required.

:thumb

Slightly off topic, sorry, but I had the Rallye 3 jacket and trousers for summer and a Rukka suit for the winter, using the Warm'n'safe liner for whenever it's cold.

Sold both suits and bought the Rev'it Poseidon jacket & trousers instead. Similar comfort and ventilation as the Rallye but with a GoreTex laminated outer shell, similar to the Rukka, for waterproofing.

Still using the Warm'n'safe heated liner as required.

:thumb

Sorry again, I meant my Rallye 4 Pro jacket & trousers, not Rallye 3 :blast

In January a Badlands jacket was around £950.00 and now you can pick one up for £600.00 making it a realistic investment.

Cheers guys.

I read somewhere that the price has come down because Klim has opened a European distribution centre.

I'll second that. If it's not a Klim or Rukka with a 3 layer laminated Gore Tex Outer it's just a big cordura outer sponge with a waterproof liner. The waterproof layer should always be on the outside.

I wear a 5XL in motorbike jackets, damn hard to find. I bought a Badlands in 2XL, the 3XL was too big, lol. I take a 40-42 in jeans, I bought 40 in Badlands pants and they are a perfect fit if not just a tad tight.

I use a Rukka which is great in the seasons not starting with W but is extremely efficient and light does not let water in. However in comparison to my Badlands there is no comparison Badlands comes out tops. The Badlands is heavy but using the internal kidney belt reduces the weight considerably.
I recently did Saxmundham, Suffolk to Chabanais France over 10hrs on the road weather extreme for part and the Badlands won the battle, best buy in years except for 'arty' who also took it in its stride.

If I understand correctly that the Rallye 3 uses a goretex inner layer then there is no contest. Goretex inner layers are one of the stupidest ideas ever foisted on motorcyclists - you're better off with a decent waterproof oversuit.

Not my experience with the Klim gear at all. I have the cheaper overland suit and it has been 100% non sweaty and 100% dry in shitty weather. It is good in hot weather as it keeps the hot air out with the vents closed, and when it gets silly hot I just douse myself in water (inside the suit) and the wind proof nature of the suit means the water evaporates slower to keep me cooler for longer.
Whether you agree or not matters not one jot, my experience of the Klim suit is that I can ride in one suit, no liners and stay dry whatever the weather.

Checking back now that I'm currently sat in a set of Klim Latitude Misano kit. Stopped off at Adventure Bike Warehouse on the way back from Manchester Airport at the weekend (thoroughly excellent service by the way, that indeed is the benchmark way to sell motorcycle kit - "First important question, Tea or Coffee?" - then a refreshingly honest run through of the stuff they have, the stuff the lad had on himself and the stuff they like but don't stock - brilliant). The Badlands stuff is nice. Really nice. I just couldn't justify the extra £300 between that and the Latitude, which actually fitted me better anyway.

First impressions after a couple of short (hour long) rides - it seems excellent.

The fit is comfy and roomy, it's breathable (an hour's wear in my old crappy textile trousers and I might as well have wet myself) - been wearing them since 8am this morning and still comfy as you like.
Haven't tested the waterproofing yet because, unusual as it may be - it hasn't rained yet since I bought them.

Big +1 from me so far.

It's probably been asked before so apologies in advance, but is the Klim gear similar to Rukka i.e. waterproofing done with external coating?

Back
Top Bottom