A Year With a Crosstourer

This was a nice thread until you lowered the tone with one of your usual obnoxious interventions. :mad: As you haven't read most of the thread by your own admission it is clear you have only contributed (I use the term loosely) just to be antagonistic and nasty.

No, he's just an obnoxious moron who decided to try and derail a decent and informative thread. The tone up until he stuck his nose in had been nice.

Hey mister, have a look at the other thread where you started getting all nasty with personal insults then have another think about just who is already that bitter old twisted man, anyway good to see that you haven't lost your wonderful sense of humour.
:tosser

...this is a good example of a GSer thread, useful insight confined with a bit of slagging and the end result is the reader is left informed and amused ;)

I agree Wreford :thumb2

Re the bike issue ..... I do believe (very strongly) that unless yer in the minority and you're buying a bike purely for say commuting or dispatching, you've got to love it. I don't want a Harley, I don't want a Guzzi, but if you've got one, yer love it and every time you open the garage door it makes you smile .... then who am I to say your bike is shite :D

I like my GS, its a very good bike, and it does everything and more that I want it to, but there just isn't that love affair there ....

(And if I feel that about a boxer twin, I reckon I'd sure struggle to love a Honda ... ) :D

Ha !!

I originally wrote (honest..) 'If Twizzle wants a harley .... ' and then edited you out :D

Hey mister, have a look at the other thread where you started getting all nasty with personal insults then have another think about just who is already that bitter old twisted man, anyway good to see that you haven't lost your wonderful sense of humour.
:tosser

If you are referring to the thread in the KTM section then it was you (as usual) who started "getting all nasty". I don't know what your problem is with me but it is clear you are unable to be rational when it comes to me. As someone who is a site moderator you should be setting a much better example, not being one and coming into threads, throwing insults around and just being an all round piece of shit. The best thing that could happen to this site is if you left and took your poisonous bile with you.

Thanks for your write up, I was lucky enough to test ride a CT for about 100 miles 2-up. I agree with some of your comments, the engine is the best feature! I really wanted to like the CT as I wanted to get away from BMW and always thought Honda was the best when it came to quality, unfortunately all manufacturers have cut back IMO and some things like poor paintwork are unforgivable!

My GS LC is a much better bike to ride than the CT and gives good mpg for spirited ridding as well so I am happy I made the right choice!

You're welcome Dave. :)

Every Honda I have ridden reminds me of the grey puppet of John Major in spitting image. I like the lumpy quirky Bavarian tractor that is the GS, it makes me want to ride it for ten hours in any direction, if I had a honda it would be to beat the trafic on a ride to work.

Every Honda I have ridden reminds me of the grey puppet of John Major in spitting image. I like the lumpy quirky Bavarian tractor that is the GS, it makes me want to ride it for ten hours in any direction, if I had a honda it would be to beat the trafic on a ride to work.

I had three VFR 750's that were a nice bike and had a Pan 1300. I sold the Pan after a year 'cos it was so dull. All were brilliantly reliable, and they all literally started every time and never had a thing go wrong with them. But just no soul ....

I remember being on tour years ago with an organised bunch, (I think I was on my Pan1300) and there was a bloke in the tour who had a Guzzi. Every morning he was out with his feeler gauges checking his valve clearances :rolleyes: Oh how we took the piss ..... :D

Maybe he knew something then I didn't ..... :blast

I rode a CT for 250 miles and had the 1190 Katoom not bewitched me, it more than likely would have been my next bike. The only real complaints I had at the time was that the seat was uncomfortable after those miles covered and although I felt the screen was fine, no doubt it would have been changed at some point. But we're all different and spending a year with a bike is obviously more enlightening.

Thanks for your observations. :thumb2

Giles, what do the blokes with whistles think of their new steeds?

Yes, by and large they seem to like them. Slim is good, speed and grunt are good and I'm led to believe that of all the options that different manufacturers offered, the Honda was the best. The downside they tell me is the steering lock ... :thumb2

As well as my GS I have a CB1300 which I can't seem to get rid of, I prefer my GS but the CB just makes a change now and again;)

The CT isn't a bad bike in lots of ways it's just not one of the best in it's class.

I have 7 of em, no harm having plenty of bikes around as long as you have room an they are paid for.
79 cbx1000 special in bits.
80 cbx1000 all together but engine is out waiting for a tune.
81 cbx 1000 prolink running like a honda.
82 cbx1000 with very tasty upgrades to the suspension and brakes, 90% complete.
79 Triumph silver jubilee 600 miles from new
74 honda 50
And my fav 62 francis barnett amc not the puny villiers jobbie.

Sorry posted in the wrong place, should have been reply to John plane,s classic bikes post.

I was chatting to a guy this morning on the Pacific Coast Highway who has one. He's done some biggish mileage and has the same opinion Bob. Build quality not good, fuel dreadful, too heavy and just soulless. He rides a mix of good and rough roads with the odd gravel road thrown in and said the bike never really copes with any of it very well and will be glad to get rid of it in the spring. he wasn't sure what next but a toss up between a WC and KTM.

I don't think it can be classed as an adventure bike along with say the GS, Super Ten and KTM because I've always thought Honda just put big bars on it to get on the bandwagon.

I don't think it can be classed as an adventure bike along with say the GS, Super Ten and KTM because I've always thought Honda just put big bars on it to get on the bandwagon.

I think I read somewhere that Honda did just that and underneath its a VFR and I think one of the signs was very long bar risers to get them up from the originals designed sport tourer position

I rode a CT for 250 miles and had the 1190 Katoom not bewitched me, it more than likely would have been my next bike. The only real complaints I had at the time was that the seat was uncomfortable after those miles covered and although I felt the screen was fine, no doubt it would have been changed at some point. But we're all different and spending a year with a bike is obviously more enlightening.

Thanks for your observations. :thumb2

You're welcome Davy, I've enjoyed reading about your experiences with the 1190.

Yes, by and large they seem to like them. Slim is good, speed and grunt are good and I'm led to believe that of all the options that different manufacturers offered, the Honda was the best. The downside they tell me is the steering lock ... :thumb2

How are they finding the more sporty riding position in town in comparison to the 1150RS's Giles?

Ohhh to be honest I don't want to speak for them when I don't really know the answer! We occasionally meet at a Met to County handover, or a mutual aid job, but I can't speak for them. I think they're pretty happy with the Honda though. It looks a bit sporty and wristy in town, and one of the guys I know was saying that that wristy element took a bit of getting used to, but by and large I think they like them. They certainly look good with the running lights in the mirrors ... :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom