5000 lumen headtorch

I have a couple of deal extreme cree led torches that I (used to) night mtb ride with. one on the handlebars and one on yer bonce. The amount of light was just stunning, and the throw of light from yer head when you looked into the corner .... amazing. Makes your usual trails a whole new ball game .... :D

I have had one for 6 months now

And they are even better than you suggest.
Like Giles says, you could ride at night with one on you head and no other illumination. Better than many bike's headlights.
I use it for work. Have 2 on order for friends at present.
Myke

On the face of it, they look like a bargain...I use those 13850 batteries in my electronic ciggies and a pair of them can cost that much alone! (I have a suspicion that they aren't genuine trustfire ones, but who knows :nenau)

Almost all trustfire cells on eBay and Amazon marketplace are fakes with vastly lower capacity than advertised unfortunately.

It's bright enough to drive a car with at night. Although you do need to stick your head out of the window to avoid getting glare from the windscreen :augie :augie

Only in Norfolk .... !

They piss me off no end, those super bright torches.
Walking around a local lake of an evening, 10 minutes to get your eyes adjusted to the dark and along come a cyclist with the brightest lights you've ever seen, and I can see feck-all for the next half hour. No control what so ever on where they point their head-mounted ones, blinding walkers and other road users, what a bunch of selfish twats.

Last edited:
Use these to mtb too, I try not to dazzle other path users.

I rather like seeing where im going , helps not to run down the odd dogger we come across.

Tolerance and consideration, a thing of the past.

You asked.

How long do these last for on a single charge?
There are several modes available.
Centre light only,
2 outside lights only.
All 3 lights
All blinking.
With all 3 lights on, and 5200mah batteries bought in Hong Kong, around 3.5 hours.
Obviously, life will extend considerably of there are fewer lights on.
Myke

Back
Top Bottom