e bike insurance somthing badly wrong

Avoid Ebike at all cost, as my above post, contacted them 20th March too remove a bike from my policy, told THEY couldn't access my policy but would phone me as soon as possible. Gave up waiting, phoned them last week 2nd June to be told the same bullshit ! I hung up on them !
Policy only has 3 weeks to go, needless to say wont be renewing with them.

If you do phone them, no point pressing the number for cancellations or changes, they dont answer it.

Gets better,

On Saturday I pick up a six month old RT1200RT. I phoned up at the beginning of the week to make the swap from the multistrada over to the RT. was pleasantly surprised that they would also give me a small refund of £27, asked them to send me the insurance certificate of cover note by email and so I could pass onto the dealer to tax the bike and was told "no problem that should be with you in the next 24 hours" Brilliant.

err no

Certificate / cover note never arrived in my emailbox (would download on line but as we all not the internet only insurance company has not had a working web site for 1/2 a year).

Phoned them up only to be told that they could not issue a certificate or cover note until 24 hours after the change had taken place.

I asked them how I was supposed to tax the bike to be told "on line". I pointed out to them that you can not tax on line unless you own the bike and I would not own the bike in the eyes of the DVLA until they had received the v45 which the dealer would hand into the post office when they went to tax the bike. The dealer is 50 miles away but they suggested that most customer "work around this" and that i could drop the bike off one day and pick the new one up another day when they got around to sending the certificate out. As you can imagine I as apoplectic with rage. Guy on the phone tried to convince me it was a legal document that they could not send out until the change had been made...boll*cks.
Asked to speak to manager of customer services twice and twice he / she refused to speak to me but passed on the with the same message that they cannot release the document until 24 hours after, great manager, probably interrupting their coffee break.

When i tried to reason with them i was told "well what happens if we issue the certificate before the weekend and you decide to cancel the insurance but still have the certificate" OMG!!! i could do that whether they sent if before the weekend or not and it would only be valid from the date on the certificate anyway.

Even the dealer has never come across this before and they obviously have to deal with many different insurance companies, a point that ebike just did not seem to care about.

I cannot believe that a company the size of ebike has not caught up with the changes in taxing a vehicle and do not realise that their policy prevents people from changing vehicles on the same day. I even asked them if they could move forward the insurance date for the BM a few days and keep me covered on the Ducati. Of course they could, at my cost.

I think the most frustrating thing is that I just could not get anyone to accept there was a problem with there systems and procedures.

role on renewal date.

If you're buying your RT off a BMW dealer I believe they now have the ability to get you on to the Motorrad insurance scheme FOC for 7 days

Are they still in business

I've had a multi bike policy with them for a number of years, I've been trying to call them from last Thursday on the 0333 414 9075 number on their website to make a change to the policy so that I can add a new Crossrunner to it so that I can collect it tomorrow ( but that's not going to happen now :mad: ) but all I've been getting is a f**king recorded advertising message.

Think it may be time to find another insurance company

Phil.

Just had 4 reminder emails for my eBike policy that expired on 26th Feb - all 4 arrived on 27th Feb!

One dated 14th Feb, then 21st Feb, 24th Feb and 26th Feb. Must have been stuck in cyberspace somewhere.

Not the sharpest company out there - the price was 20% more than last year too, so didn't go with them anyway.

To be fair I had had an earlier reminder so I knew the price early enough. And no auto-renew b*llocks which was nice.

A

My eBike policy lapsed at midnight and at 03.45hrs I get an email confirming. 'If you want proof of your no-claims, click this link'.

Does the link work? Does it feck!

Total bell-ends.

Their no claims bonus also only goes to five years. I had about 8 with them but they would not give me proof of the eight so I have had to start building up from 5 again. They are crap.

Avoid Ebike at all cost, as my above post, contacted them 20th March too remove a bike from my policy, told THEY couldn't access my policy but would phone me as soon as possible. Gave up waiting, phoned them last week 2nd June to be told the same bullshit ! I hung up on them !
Policy only has 3 weeks to go, needless to say wont be renewing with them.

This is a major no no as far as insurers are concerned, if the new owner of the bike fails to insure it and is involved in an blameworthy accident and your insurance is still showing as the cover you are in for a world of hassle .I would have reported them to the Insurance Omburdsman

Their no claims bonus also only goes to five years. I had about 8 with them but they would not give me proof of the eight so I have had to start building up from 5 again. They are crap.

I rang them - and they answered the phone!!!!

Within 5 minutes I had a e-mailed .pdf letter confirming 13 years NCB.

I'm slightly amazed!

Back
Top Bottom